Thread: How do you heat mold your Koflach Intution Liners?

Default How do you heat mold your Koflach Intution Liners?

I have a new pair of Koflachs and trying to figure out the best way to heat mold the liners. I have looked all over the Internet and can find some info on heat moulding Intuition ski boot liners with a specific boot liner heater however, I have been told to heat it in the oven at a low temp or to try a boot dryer. I do not want to ruin my liners so, I was hoping someone on here has actually done it. Thanks

I would message stid2677 I seem to remember a post where he explained how he did it...

Mine were a little tight in the toe, so I cut the toe off a thick old wool sock and put it on my foot and used a thick sock to hold it in place.

I removed the footbed and placed the liner in a preheated oven to 200 degrees and while the liner was heating I used a blow dryer to heat the boot itself. Mine were tight in the toe and the top of my calf, so I made sure that the boot was nice and warm. I removed the liner after 7 minutes or so and quickly place a quality footbed into it and place your foot into it and then the boot and make sure to stomp into it good. I did one at a time and wore them for 30 minutes until they were good and cool. Removed the extra socks and they fit perfect to my foot and the toe box was just right. Took me 2 times to get it right, but worth the effort.

Took them for a spin and so far so good.

Want to make sure that everyone understands to remove the insoles, liner, from boot and only heat liner in the stove.

Be careful!!!
    We do not go to the green woods and crystal waters to rough it, we go to smooth it. We get it rough enough at home; in towns and cities; in shops, offices, stores, banks anywhere that we may be placed

Thanks TWB, I went for it and my feet are cooking as we speak.

Quote Originally Posted by GDinAK View Post
    Thanks TWB, I went for it and my feet are cooking as we speak.
    Btw that was from stid. Things weren't going well from my phone.
    We do not go to the green woods and crystal waters to rough it, we go to smooth it. We get it rough enough at home; in towns and cities; in shops, offices, stores, banks anywhere that we may be placed

Something else Mr Steve has mentioned was that if you plan to ever use a pair of Glacier socks, Barney's waders or the like, wear them when you mold up.

Thanks Steve, Bear, and TWB.... I am all molded up seems to have worked great....

Here is a link for molding Intution liners. I love mine, they really shine on cold mornings. I keep my liners in my sleeping bag and no longer have to shove my feet into frozen leather boots. I like my Lowa boots, but when an approach requires multiple water crossings, plastics are hard to beat. The liners make great camp shoes as well.

It you get a squeak just dust them with some powdered graphite or even baby powder.

https://intuitionliners.com/fitting/...-instructions/
    "I refuse to let the things I can't do stop me from doing the things I can"
    Founding Member
    http://www.residenthuntersofalaska.org/

I used the oven method as described in the post below and it seemed to work great. I have also heard that a piece of duck tape up the back of the heel of the liner will eliminate the squeak. Thanks for the input, I cannot wait to put them down on the Alliulik Peninsula in the spring.

Easiest way and guaranteed not to burn your liners is to get a turkey basting bag, push it all the way down into the boot. Boil a big pot of water and pour into the bag. Let it sit for ~10 minutes and pour out and stick your foot in with a toe cap. Lace em up tight and stand on both feet evenly. Leave your footbed in for the whole process.

That seems like a great/safe way to do it...

There's another method using heated uncooked rice. Look up intuition rice molding on the google machine. I think the boiling water works great it's how I do ski boots.