Thread: DoubleTap Ammo

Default DoubleTap Ammo

Does anybody know if there are any Doubletap ammo dealers in the Anchorage area? I have a 325 wsm and do not reload so am trying to expand bullet options for it, mostly just the Barnes TSX.

I know SW carries DT in handgun calibers, but I haven't seen any rifle ammo yet. Then again I don't get out much either.
    Now what ?

I was the dealer for AK, DT cut me out by going to SW and tried another 120 gun shops that denied them. So I denied them! Their prices went way outa whack! No money to be made. SW buys for all their stores nationally, so they get a cheaper rate than I could ever dream of! Sold quite a bit of the 325wsm though as they had heavy loads not found anywhere else. Never heard a problem about the rifle ammo. Handgun ammo is pretty good, they they are getting sloppy with making their own cast bullets.

You can order directly from DT, but you'll get raped on shipping!!

My Glock 20 (10mm) loves the DT ammo. I am going to be reloading though and getting my Dillon 550B set up soon. Got everything I need except powder at this point. DT, and everyone else for that matter, cost way too much. Roll your own man. You could get into reloading with a basic kit from RCBS and a manual. I was sold on the idea about 15 years ago when I bought a Weatherby 300 that wouldn't shoot minute of apple with 4 different boxes of then $40-60/box Weatherby ammo. My buddy reloaded about 20 rounds and the gun was shooting 5/8" groups. That is what convinced me. Aside from that, the cost was in the $7-8/box range on the reloads. You could pay for the reloading equipment in no time. If the interest is not there, I would buy the dies and find someone that does reload to do it for you. Either way, you will get superior ammo at a fraction of the price.

-Dan

akrstabout I purchased some 325 ammo through you a few years ago, was hoping you were still dealing. I noticed they had the DT ammo at SW...mostly handgun and when I asked if they did special orders I was basically told that they couldn't do it but not sure for the reason, thinking it's due to the ammo shortage going on. I am certainly interested in reloading but am moving back to MN in a year and am trying to cut back on stuff right now. Finally got to shoot the 325 today, after breaking the barrel in with powerpoints and a little of everything else the Win EW didn't care too much for the winchester xp3's or accubonds, actually shot the 180 gr ballistic silvertips the best but still not under 1". I have a few friends who have the 325's and we might bite the bullet and pay the $70 to have some tsx's as well as other ammo shipped up here, if anybody else is interested let me know.