Thread: New Tender

Default New Tender

I was at the boat show today looking at rafts, was about to take the plunge and put a deposit on a Gary King when he told me that there was special boat pricing... After hearing the boat show pricing I am the proud owner of a new tender.

If anyone needs a new raft be sure to go ask about the boat show prices, way less than the sale price listed.

Sent from my HTC One X using Tapatalk 2
    2007 Kingfisher 2825 - Stor Fisk

Civilization ends at the waterline. Beyond that, we all enter the food chain, and not always right at the top. -- Hunter S. Thompson

I am not a salesman for Gary King rafts but the boat show deals are great, only two days left.

Civilization ends at the waterline. Beyond that, we all enter the food chain, and not always right at the top. -- Hunter S. Thompson

Purchased several years ago at the Soldotna sports show. The sportshows do offer the best sales for his inflatables . I like his product and the ability to pick up the phone and talk to him directly.

Hook

I have had great customer service from Jim King years after the purchase. You will not be disappointed.
    2009 Seawolf 31'
    www.seawolfmarine.com
    Fully Loaded

How well do the bottoms on Gary's rafts hold up to the barnacles/mussels in PWS?

From what I hear the Grizzly Guard on the bottom holds up very well. If you look on his website he has some details. Its basically some thick rubber glued onto the bottom of the tubes and any part that would rub. I know there are quite a few guys who have his rafts on here and I am sure another with real experience will show up or I can let you know next year after I drag it across some rocks.

I think I have had mine since 2008 and the bottom is like new. The top of the tubes is a bit dirty from running on bare aluminum all summer long, but it is still in great shape. I had a leak last summer and it turned out to be one of the seals around the air fitting, which was repaired at no charge.
    2009 Seawolf 31'
    www.seawolfmarine.com
    Fully Loaded

The only thing I am not happy about with my new tender is that its not here yet. Was supposed to be available May 15th.... then June 15th and now sometime in July. Good thing I kept my old raft to use this summer.

Well I guess they are selling a lot of the AK series, so too bad JR2 you didn't get your's right away. I called and talked to (john??) them, not Gary, I think maybe his son? Anyway, the boat show special was about 1/2 of the online price, great deal. I had the raft in a couple of days; at that time you had to order the Grizzly Claw bottom extra...it was amazing as we beached it hard for several years and no problem, even on barnacle rocks when the tide was out. Like tent sizes, don't plan to put 3 people in a raft rated for that, 2 is max, same with larger sizes, unless very calm water for a short tender trip. All brands of rafts are weighted/rated this way. Put a 2hp Honda on mine, perfect. We had the 8'10" one, 270TDS I think. Only sold it because we left it on the beach and the second year using it the local bears decided it was bubble gum...52 holes the first time the bear(s) got after it, and that wasn't the only time. So, great product, good deal at the boat show price, and don't be afraid to ask for that price and have it shipped instead of being at the show.

When I talked to Gary in May he said there had been a delay as the manufacturing company got a very large order for horse mattresses.

For you guys with tin boats the PVC rafts riding on your cabin top won't be a problem but for us with plastic boats, the hard rubber fittings gouge the gel coat. I didn't have a problem with my previous boat with an Achilles hypalon raft riding on top, the rubber is much softer. Prices for hypalon has seemed to have swapped with PVC from what I saw at the Anchorage sportsman show so if I was in the market for a tender, I'd check them out before purchasing.