Thread: Minnesota Cancels Moose Hunting

Default Minnesota Cancels Moose Hunting

" Gas boats are bad enough, autos are an invention of the devil, and airplanes are worse." ~Allen Hasselborg

I was disapointed that minnesotas growing wolf population has not been mentioned as a possible or partial reason for the decline. An article in this months fur fish and game stated that hunters and trappers had a combined take of 216 wolves in minnestoa this fall and winter

Actually the target was 400 - which they attained.
    http://www.dnr.state.mn.us/hunting/wolf/index.html

not knowing much on the wolf pop in MN what do you guys down there think about or hear about the wolves being an issue. Seems they they must have some sort of impact as they are concerned that a wolf may get to the carcus with the first 24 hours preventing them from studing it.. Hope they get it all worked out...

Well that's what happens when you let the Alaskan commercial fishing industry run rampant.

Less fish=less moose!!
    We do not go to the green woods and crystal waters to rough it, we go to smooth it. We get it rough enough at home; in towns and cities; in shops, offices, stores, banks anywhere that we may be placed

Bear, I certainly think the wolves have an impact on on deer and moose populations. An area in the northern third of wisconsin that I hunt, 2 years ago I spotted a young wolf, our group has seen a decrease in the number of bucks we have taken and also the does and fawns seen while hunting since appprox 2006-7. It was around this period of time that we also started finding beaver skulls with what I would describe as puncture marks in them. Other parts of the state however have seen no such issues.