Thread: WHAT is an ARSENAL

Default WHAT is an ARSENAL

What is a personal Arsenal.....is there a legal limit to how many firearms you can own.....(If your Not MARRIED......).

The definition according to the media has changed over the years. Now if you have one firearm with more than five cartridges for that firearm, you have an arsenal.

I was on a certain C&R forum a few years back when a poll was conducted asking "how many firearms are in your collection?" The majority had between 55-75. I remember there were several respondents with over 100 and two with greater than 200.
    Great spirits have always found violent opposition from mediocre minds. The latter cannot understand it when a man does not thoughtlessly submit to hereditary prejudices but honestly and courageously uses his intelligence. Albert Einstein

Better living through chemistry (I'm a chemist)

You can piddle with the puppies, or run with the wolves...

Between mentally adjudicated and cybersapce

I hope/prefer that question to never be answered by our government at any level.

The "personal" part of the question duely applies and is subjective to the individual. Mine will always be one more than I need/have at any given time.

If I ever start to lose my mind I plan on buying 20+ bricks of 22lr. That way the reports will say I had "over 10,000 rounds of ammunition".....
    I'd agree with you, but then we'd both be wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by AKBoater View Post
    If I ever start to lose my mind I plan on buying 20+ bricks of 22lr. That way the reports will say I had "over 10,000 rounds of ammunition".....
    If I was down to 20 bricks I would be in panic mode

I thought an arsenal was when I owned it all? Until then, I'm just a wanna-be.

The Boers lost the war they started with ONLY 7 million rounds of ammo for their bolt action rifles !..
    " Americans will never need the 2nd Amendment, until the government tries to take it away."

On the road of life..... Pot holes keep things interesting !

Unhappy

Quote Originally Posted by AKBoater View Post

I know alot of folks who would be happy with being able to just buy any amount of bricks right now..

There are no arsenals, just collections. It is like the term "special interest groups". When you were in trouble at school and your mom had to go up there years ago it was just that. Today schools call parents special interests groups because they lobby for their kids. Anyway, I know a gentlemen with a collection topping 700. Nice guy, with a nice hobby.

While number and variety have something to do with it, I would never say a guy with 110 flintlocks had an "arsenal" (not since 1830 anyway). But if someone has a variety of weapons staged in strategic spots in his home, wears a tin foil hat and owns night vision gear with the idea that me may actually need it.....then it may lean more towards the arsenal.

I think it's more about intent and availability and configuration of the firearm than it is the number.

I think if some government agency wants to confiscate your collection it is a "arsenal".
    When seconds count, the cops are just minutes away.
    '08 24' HCM Granite HD "River Dog"

Quote Originally Posted by Catch It View Post
    While number and variety have something to do with it, I would never say a guy with 110 flintlocks had an "arsenal" (not since 1830 anyway). But if someone has a variety of weapons staged in strategic spots in his home, wears a tin foil hat and owns night vision gear with the idea that me may actually need it.....then it may lean more towards the arsenal.

I think it's more about intent and availability and configuration of the firearm than it is the number.
    Hmm? Two out of three apply. Guess I have an arsenal then by your definition. Seriously, don't see what staging weapons in strategic spots in a privately owned home or night vision gear would qualify one as owning an arsenal. Seems smart to me. Weapons ready and own the night. Think I'll go load/stage a few more just in case!

Between mentally adjudicated and cybersapce

Quote Originally Posted by Music Man View Post
    I think if some government agency wants to confiscate your collection it is a "arsenal".
    By that definition and todays political environment, anyone with a single weapon has an arsenal. Now, has anyone seen my tinfoil hat!

Quote Originally Posted by Ralph View Post
    By that definition and todays political environment, anyone with a single weapon has an arsenal. Now, has anyone seen my tinfoil hat!
    To quote Marcus.... Bingo
    When seconds count, the cops are just minutes away.
    '08 24' HCM Granite HD "River Dog"

An arsenal is a place to store guns and ammo. I only have one at the moment.

hahahha, great question....That's why it's called a "personal arsenal". Where do you think your neighbors are going to flock to when it hits the fan?!?!?!? Out of sight, out of mind!

Sorry to be Cpt. Obvious, but am I the only one that thinks we should stop using the terms "weapons" (and not on this thread but: "assault rifle"/"hi-cap mags", etc)...to the anti's, these are terms that they use against us. I dont agree with bending-over and giving in but there does come a time when we need to realize where our vitals are. Sorry to rant but just wanted to bring that up.

Quote Originally Posted by ripnlip View Post
    hahahha, great question....That's why it's called a "personal arsenal". Where do you think your neighbors are going to flock to when it hits the fan?!?!?!? Out of sight, out of mind!

Sorry to be Cpt. Obvious, but am I the only one that thinks we should stop using the terms "weapons" (and not on this thread but: "assault rifle"/"hi-cap mags", etc)...to the anti's, these are terms that they use against us. I dont agree with bending-over and giving in but there does come a time when we need to realize where our vitals are. Sorry to rant but just wanted to bring that up.
    I agree with you I dont have any guns. I sold them all during the great gun panic of 2012 and made a huge profit and now I am without gun but have lots of Obama cash in the bank now.