Thread: IS there any Market for the SIG SAUER P-556 Assault PISTOL....????

Default IS there any Market for the SIG SAUER P-556 Assault PISTOL....????

OK, So not much market for 6.8 SPC Firearms (Note to self: Don't bother Lugging any to the Show).

Any Market for the SIG SAUER P-556 Pistol w/ all the rails and doo-dads......???

There is a market for everything, assuming you are asking a fair price.... That is a big assumption though for someone like yourself.

Quote Originally Posted by lildevock View Post
    There is a market for everything, assuming you are asking a fair price.... That is a big assumption though for someone like yourself.
    Well it is un-fired, I paid $1,889.00 for it at WWG.............So I am think $450.00 should be a good deal for someone.

If you're selling a Sig 556 pistol for $450 I'm buying. Ill pay shipping and FFL fees.

PS. I don't care what you paid but retail is $1199. A few months back you could buy locally for about $1000.
    Is there nothing so sacred on this earth that you aren't willing to kill or die for?

Assault pistol?

Quote Originally Posted by Tenmm View Post
    Assault pistol?
    It's an AR without a butt stock therefore a "pistol". Personally I am not a fan of AR pistols however, the 556 is my exception. Since it does not have a buffer tube due to the piston system, you can put a folding buttstock on it and SBR the dang thing. Having just gotten my first tax stamp back from the ATF, it will not be the last, the 556 pistol is a great platform to build into a SBR

Quote Originally Posted by Murphy View Post
    If you're selling a Sig 556 pistol for $450 I'm buying. Ill pay shipping and FFL fees.

PS. I don't care what you paid but retail is $1199. A few months back you could buy locally for about $1000.
    It is the "SQUAT" version.........Sounds like I got hosed.......Thats life. Guess I will just bury it up Colorado Creek.

Saw one in a local gun shop recently for $1200. I left it there. While interesting, not something I would shoot often. About as practical as a tow hitch on a honda. Neat looking gun, but that is all I saw.

I am aware of what the P556 is, it is NOT an AR type firearm. I have not heard the term 'assault pistol' before. Why call it that? Did it beat him up? Trying to sound cool? Come on, we do not need to perpetuate the term 'assault'! The antis are doing a great job of that without our help.
    AR stands for Armalite.

It's an AR without a butt stock therefore a "pistol". Personally I am not a fan of AR pistols however, the 556 is my exception. Since it does not have a buffer tube due to the piston system, you can put a folding buttstock on it and SBR the dang thing. Having just gotten my first tax stamp back from the ATF, it will not be the last, the 556 pistol is a great platform to build into a SBR

A 556 is definitely not an AR. The only AR part is the magazine.
    Is there nothing so sacred on this earth that you aren't willing to kill or die for?

Quote Originally Posted by Tenmm View Post
    I am aware of what the P556 is, it is NOT an AR type firearm. I have not heard the term 'assault pistol' before. Why call it that? Did it beat him up? Trying to sound cool? Come on, we do not need to perpetuate the term 'assault'! The antis are doing a great job of that without our help.
    AR stands for Armalite.
    I thought only someone like Fiend-stein or Jesse Jackson could coin such a phrase. But truly part of the problem the ignorance in our own ranks. So few gun owners know what an assault rifle is.

Quote Originally Posted by AGL4now View Post
    Sounds like I got hosed.......Thats life. Guess I will just bury it up Colorado Creek.
    What the Heck,...AGL,...?? (maybe you were extreme joking,.. right ??)
    markets are Squirrely, we all get hosed down by it all now and then,...but
    the "Bury it up Colorado Creek," deal,....it's not that bad

or You could send it to me, I'll pay postage, and FFL fees, and sell it for $950 on Murphy's value estimate
    someone will want that thing
    and I can then trade those dollars in for a nice Walnut and Blue .243,...with a Fine Fixed 4x Scope,
    for a young boy needing a new Deer Rifle,...

He'll kill critters with those same replacement $$, for the rest of his life,...

for that thing you were wondering about,....thinking you'd just bury it,..
    or,... You bite the bullet, sell it for what it'll go for,...and do the same with the $$

Just cause you can throw value like that in the dirt, doesn't mean it's the cool thing to do
    Ten Hours in that little raft off the AK peninsula, blowin' NW 60, in November.... "the Power of Life and Death is in the Tongue," and Yes, God is Good !

Interesting thread.

"Well it is un-fired, I paid $1,889.00 for it at WWG.............So I am think $450.00 should be a good deal for someone"

Did you sell it for the $450 that you thought was a good deal? Afterall, Murphy offered you full price and agreed to pay shipping and all fee's as well.

The MSRP on Sig 556's and 556P's dropped $500 overnight back in 2010. This caused a lot of gun shops grief because they paid more than the new MSRP for the older models. They couldn't drop the prices without loosing money. It wasn't just the folks who bought them that got hosed, it was the shops too. I bought mine a year ago and it was one that the shop owner had sitting around since the high MSRP's. I paid $300 more than I could have online but that was worth it to me to keep it local. I bought enough accessories to balance out his loss I hope.