Thread: FN 5.7 x 28 pistol

Default FN 5.7 x 28 pistol

Alright I purchased this pistol a little over a year ago and have palced a few hundred rounds through it. Anyone selse have one and what are your thoughts on ammo available for this gun. I have some several types of ammo for it from 1800fps to 2850fps but the faster loads are tough to find at good prices.Let me know what you think?

Do you have this particular cartridge to fill a specific need or is it just a fun plinker for ya?

I have one of these also one of the PS-90 carbines.

Just more toys. I bought them used from the same guy. His complaint was that ammo was too expensive. It is now. I bought a case or two if ammo to play with them. I think I'll keep the carbine and sell the pistol. The velocities you sight are from the longer barrel PS 90. You can get about 1900 from the fastest ammo from the pistol. It makes a nice armadillo gun and quite possible a defensive caliber but very noisy without plugs and muffs. It is a unique design in gun and cartridge.
    Is there nothing so sacred on this earth that you aren't willing to kill or die for?

Well I picked the pistol up to carry on a leg drop for sheep hunts. I strap my rifle into my pack to free up my hands to climb. It has good range for coyotes that I often run across in the higher country as well as ptarmigan to spice up my MH meals. With 20 rounds it weighs less then 2lbs and contrary to most others opinion I like the fact that it has a full grip. I let my friends shoot it and most said the grip was it big for there hand. I started carring it when I fly fish the smaller secluded streams. Would any of you? I looked again at my ammo stash and I stated wrong earlier about the fps. I do though have some for it as fast as 2200fps. I figure if a bear became an issue as fast and accurate as that gun is I could at least change that bears path.....gotta be better than bear spray. If it ever goes down ill report back...well if I make it. I have harvested several meals worth of grouse and I bet would slaughter bunnies.