Thread: Spring bear itch!

Default Spring bear itch!

Hello all, havent really been on much lately. My personnel life has taken a few bad turns, but with hunting season (for spring baiting) right around the corner I am starting to get the itch again. I am already prepping and have left over cakes and cookies from birthdays and the holidays ready to go. With easter coming up quick, its a great time to stock up on my secret weapons! I am ready to get out there and see the blacks come rolling in and ready to get a big 'ole boy on the ground. If your new to bear baiting and have questions, feel free to ask, but I am taking the year off from help or showing people what to do. I am hoping to get my hunts on film this year with my go pro. I hope you have a great bear baiting season and wish you all the best of luck.
    Hunt until you don't like it any more

Best of luck on all fronts Sir.

Steve
    "I refuse to let the things I can't do stop me from doing the things I can"
    Founding Member
    http://www.residenthuntersofalaska.org/

I'll be doing the same with my Boys this year. Hopin to get it all on video so we can relive the moment. (or relive the miss as they want to use thier bows!) practice practice practice... That is our motto this year.
    Good luck,
    Steve

Good luck man, spring bear baiting is my favorite time of the year. I'm thinking i'll be able to get my bait out much earlier this year due to the less amount of snow fall. I usually can't get my bait in til the 2nd to 3rd week of May due to snow being to deep for my wheeler. If weather works out we might have a very good spring season. I've been kind of slacking on practicing with my bow lately so this was a good reminder. Videoing the hunts adds a whole new challenge and fun to the hunt that's for sure. I tried it a few years back and got some footage of me arrowing the bear in my avatar(put it on youtube) but find myself to focused on hunting to be able to get good footage. GoPro might just be the answer though.

Definitely looking forward to getting out... Just broke the bow out yesterday to start doin some practice

Also can't wait to get some cams out..