Thread: Have you fished or heard of anyone fishing pike on Anderson Lake???

Default Have you fished or heard of anyone fishing pike on Anderson Lake???

Was just curious as to wanting to hear any pike stories on Anderson being this is listed as a five line pike lake. I'm sure the Russians haven't fished it out yet. Some of the things I've been hearing is that it is on par with Alexander pike wise. Is this true or just pipe dreams. Went out there today and punched around 50 holes looking for good weed beds and it was void of any ice fishing activity or sign of ice fishing. Let me if anyone heard anything and I'll tell you how I did and what I found and where I found it.

Alaska - I wasn't born here, but I got here as soon as I could!

Quote Originally Posted by LIVIN907 View Post
    Was just curious as to wanting to hear any pike stories on Anderson being this is listed as a five line pike lake. I'm sure the Russians haven't fished it out yet. Some of the things I've been hearing is that it is on par with Alexander pike wise. Is this true or just pipe dreams. Went out there today and punched around 50 holes looking for good weed beds and it was void of any ice fishing activity or sign of ice fishing. Let me if anyone heard anything and I'll tell you how I did and what I found and where I found it.
    We did the same thing a couple years ago, after hearing the same kind of info. Didn't see any evidence of anyone else fishing the lake at all. We fished for a couple hours over by the inlet from Kings lake. We caught 1 pretty nice trout (20-22 inches). No pike at all. Had two locals come out on snow machines and express their displeasure that we we fishin in "their" lake.

I hope the "locals" don't catch me on a bad day out there. Put a camera down along that whole shoreline by Kings and there was no weed structure there you need to walk to the far end by the two small islands.

Alaska - I wasn't born here, but I got here as soon as I could!

Quote Originally Posted by LIVIN907 View Post
    I hope the "locals" don't catch me on a bad day out there. Put a camera down along that whole shoreline by Kings and there was no weed structure there you need to walk to the far end by the two small islands.
    The best part was that while one of the guys was there chatting with us, telling us how nobody fishes the lake because there were no fish in the lake (I assume in a effort to discourage us), my buddy caught that trout right in front of him.

Livin907. Sounds like you are having a pretty good season. I know Anderson has had access issues in the past. As far as pike goes, from what I have heard there is a fair number of pike in that lake. I know a guy who bowfished some pretty nice ones out of that lake a few years back. I only tried to fish it one time myself. I cut a hole to spear fish it in one of those coves but it was too shallow of a spot and we didn't see much activity. I think you are on the right track, find the right weed bed and right depth and you should find some fish.

First skunk of the year trying to fish Anderson Lake. Was out there for 4 hours no flags on tip ups and water so murky couldn't see my lure in front of camera. There are fish in there in the form of sickle backs. Didn't even see a trout swim by. I'm done with this lake.