Thread: Gun safe light kit, very bright, $40...

Default Gun safe light kit, very bright, $40...

Read about this on the Cal Guns forum the other week and ordered one from Lite Tech Auto website. The complete kit is $40 and comes with AC power and AA battery box for folks that don't have wire hole in safe. The LED kit is 'plug and play' and is idiot proof to install. It sticks to the carpet in your safe as the back of the LED strip is velcro. Velcro strips come with the kit for folks that don't have carpet lines safes or just want extra support for the LED strips. Took 15 minutes to install.

The roller switch automatically turns lights on and on with the opening and closing of the safe door. Positioning is important, but easy to determine and a small piece of strong double sided tape comes in the kit to hold the roller switch in place. It can also be held with screws as there are two small holes in the roller switch box. Some folks have used wood a small wood block to position the switch where they needed it. I found the double sided tape an ample solution.

Very impressive product and I had it within 6 days of ordering. Passing it along in case anyone needs a nice safe light at a reasonable price. I have a 39" wide by 66" tall safe and ordered the extra 48" strip in addition to the regular kit. With shipping it was $80 total. In doing so, I have LED strips around the entire safe with a little to spare.

http://www.litetechauto.com/SearchResults.asp?Cat=28

http://www.calguns.net/calgunforum/s...d.php?t=456064

-Dan

thx... placed an order, been looking for a decent setup like this.
    '04 Hewescraft 24' Searunner
    200hp Honda 4stroke
    + multiple other 'toys'...

Update,

The two sided tape that holds the roller switch failed. Could be the way I had the roller switch mounted, perhaps getting hit too much by the door. Hard to guess on something like this as the roller switch is on the door hinge, hard to see as you are closing the door. Maybe the roller switch box, rather than just the roller pin, was being hit by the door and pushed the tape off. Either way, I will be drilling two small holes and using screws to hold the roller pin box to the inside of the door hinge. That will be a more secure way to mount the roller pin switch. The roller pin switch has two small holes for this purpose. Cheap insurance against having your light kit on for days at a time.

That looks like a nice kit, however, I'm curious as to why not just use the led Christmas lights? They can be purchased after the holiday season for a little of nothing. Granted one would have to make sure that there is a hole drilled in the safe somewhere, so as to run the cord, but other than the roller pin switch, it seems like the Christmas lights could be fab'd for a lot cheaper.

I just use a small flashlight, about $4.99!