Thread: Bring on spring!

Default Bring on spring!

After 5 years of looking at skinny water river boats. Sport Jon's, SJX's, Predators, Riddle's, Alaskan XL's. Taking advantage of all of you allowing many of us to take rides in them at the boat gathering. I've finally done it, I've pulled the trigger. I'm now the owner of a Wooldridge Alaskan XL inboard. The funny part is at the last boat gathering I had my eyes on the black Alaskan XL Marita had brought out.

I took a picture of my youngest with the boat.
    AK_XL.jpg

It must be providence that I ended up purchasing this exact boat. Now to just wait for spring.

Awesome! You will be very happy with it. It's a great rig. Been on one several times.
    ... aboard the 'Memory Maker' Making Memories one Wave at a Time!

Really enjoyed my Alaskan, superb river boat, handled like it was on rails. We hit a couple of submerged logs that really jarred the boat but didnt even leave a mark on the hull. Just don't try to make it into something it isnt as a one foot chop will beat you to death.

Congrats!! Is the anticipation of spring already bugging you? I know it's killing me. I can't wait to get our new boat on the water.

Quote Originally Posted by Water_Gremlin View Post
    Congrats!! Is the anticipation of spring already bugging you? I know it's killing me. I can't wait to get our new boat on the water.
    Congrats to you as well! Yes, its going to be a very long winter now. Can't wait to get that thing wet!

cograts on the new boat you will have a blast with it
    Is it opening day of duck season yet
    Member of Alaska Waterfowl Association

Congrats... I can't wait either,..
    Do I give my friends advice? Jesus, no. They wouldn't take advice from me. Nobody should take advice from me. I haven't got a clue about anything..

Congrats on the new boat. Heck with spring, let's bring on summer.....Hasn't it been about 5 years since we had one???

Now, what kind of message are you sending to our youth? Researching, buying exactly what you want, and getting quality that will last. You didn't read the new boat memo I guess. The one that has you buy the first good deal you see only to find it is not what you are looking for. Then, you find another and spend the next several years fixing it up every year only to go and buy the one you really wanted in the first place. Now, all you have to look forward to is getting out on the rivers every chance you get and finding fish and moose with comfort, safety and style. Bah. Who needs it.

Congrats.

Thumbs up

Good for you, now you just have to get Grandpa Paul to pony up for the fuel!!!!!!!!!!!!
    I know your wife was excited last friday at school when we talked. Look forward to seeing you and Paul on the river this summer, next time you see him tell him Todd says hello.

Quote Originally Posted by sport drifter View Post
    Good for you, now you just have to get Grandpa Paul to pony up for the fuel!!!!!!!!!!!!
    I know your wife was excited last friday at school when we talked. Look forward to seeing you and Paul on the river this summer, next time you see him tell him Todd says hello.
    Another Rilke family with a Wooldridge? Must be something in the water. "pun intended"

Congrats!

The XLSJ is sweet handling boat, I love mine. You can never go wrong with Wooldridge. I've owned the AK, AK II, and now the XLSJ. Just when I thought that I was done buying river boats Glen and Grant had to introduce the new XP 440 with UHMW! What's a man to do

Thumbs up wooldridge

Quote Originally Posted by XLSJ View Post
    Congrats!

The XLSJ is sweet handling boat, I love mine. You can never go wrong with Wooldridge. I've owned the AK, AK II, and now the XLSJ. Just when I thought that I was done buying river boats Glen and Grant had to introduce the new XP 440 with UHMW! What's a man to do
    Yea that UHMW is pretty slick........... The pics don't look as good as it does in person. They really made a nice intake, just recesed up a bit not a real tunnel, just enough to not injest the rocks as much.

I tried to get them to take it for a spin on the river but it was headded for a show soon after I was there. I'm hoping we get some pics soon from Grant with it on the river.

Sweet ride man... Consider this your first official invite to run the Knik River and on up to the Glacier with us. Just as soon as its a flowing that is... "fishon"
    "Fisherman for Life" and "Phantom owner Forever"

Thanks everyone. The greatest part is my wife really told me to purchase it now. I had a plan to put it off a few more years she really convinced me to do it now. And Yes, I married way above my station and I know it :-)

@Todd That would be awesome if he bought the gas but you know he won't, I'll tell him you said hello.
    @Propnut Do you have children at Rilke as well? Send me a PM
    @Bob Thanks Buddy, The ride in your Sportjon a couple of summers ago helped sell me on the idea I needed a boat like it. I'd love to run up to the Glacier, I've never done that so it would be awesome! Have you ever run to Flathorn lake? That is on the list as well I want to take the Bow with me and slaughter pike :-)

Can't say that I remember you as I have taken quite a few folks for a ride. But glad to have made an impression. I have been to Flathorn Lake via the Big Su a couple years ago. I would love to hit it again this summer. Thinkin about a couple days camping type deal this time though. Comon Summer!!! "fishon"
    "Fisherman for Life" and "Phantom owner Forever"