Thread: Radar Mount for Hewescraft Ocean Pro 220

Default Radar Mount for Hewescraft Ocean Pro 220

I'd like to hear how other Hewescraft Ocean Pro owners have mounted radar antennas and what problems they have encountered.

We had a radar arch built by silver streak in Anchoarge there. We love it! Allows for the raft to slide under and gets the radar dome up above everything else. Good quality product that provides a nice solid surface to mount on to.

Thanks moosehunter83,

I'm probably going to have a radar arch made up for me.
    The one question I still have is related to mounting of lights. I have a remote controlled spot light and I'm not sure
    how to mount that. If I mount it below the radome then I will have restricted the area of a circle that the beam can cover.

Ive thought about the light thing too and the best thing I could come up with is to mount two of them, one on each side of the dome. That was one of my projects for this spring.

I would be very careful where you mount the light as the glare will make it almost useless when you need it most. I actually made a separate pad for the light at the tip of the bow-rail and it has worked out well. I would not mount a light on the radar arch. I have been there and done that with not so good results. You can also buy rail-mount pedestals to bolt-on. Make sure to get HID lights.

Boy howdy!

If you want to clearly see the roof of the cuddy cabin (and nothing else), mount a light behind the helm. If you want to see the water, the light needs to be farter forward so you can actually see what you want to see.

One of my many outstanding projects is moving the light, but I don't run at night so it's only used to light things up when on the hook.
    Those that are successful in Alaska are those who are flexible, and allow the reality of life in Alaska to shape their dreams, vs. trying to force their dreams on the reality of Alaska.

If you have a tenuous grasp of reality, Alaska is not for you.

Default SeaRunner Radar Arch

Not an OP, but here is the arch that SilverStreak built for my SR. The side pads were great for radio & GPS antenna mounts.

Attachment 68260
    2007 24ft NorthRiver OS
    Twin 175 Suzuki's
    "Thunderbird"
    MMSI #338033856