Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Chris Kyle...

Default Chris Kyle...

Marc Taylor text me with the sad news late last night. The retired Navy SEAL, WOT veteran of four tours in Iraq, Author of American Sniper,and good friend was murdered yesterday afternoon along with another man. The man arrested was one of the vets he was helping with PTSD. It makes no sense, it's great loss to the nation.
    Is there nothing so sacred on this earth that you aren't willing to kill or die for?

Very sad- no telling how many lives he saved....truly tragic.

Very sad indeed. Praying for grace and peace to his family.
    Foolishness is a moral category, not an intellectual one.

Many prayers and thought to his family. He was an amazing guy.

Prayers for all three families.
    Now left only to be a turd in the forrest and the circle will be complete.Use me as I have used you

You know, I understand that having a "celebrity" shot in a situation like this brings out some kind of personal emotion in some people, but I seriously don't understand some of the off-the-chart ill will against the shooter in this case. Comparing a Marine combat vet to Dahmer? Are you kidding?

Take Kyle out of the picture. Imagine that this was 3 nameless combat vets where 2 of them are trying to help the 3rd deal with serious PTSD. Then that guy suddenly flips out and shoots the other 2 as a result of his PTSD. Are you going to sit there and tell us that you wish that the American Veteran who is suffering from PTSD is tossed into prison and beaten to death by a bunch of gang bangers?
    Winter is Coming...

Go GeocacheAlaska!

Quote Originally Posted by JOAT View Post
    Comparing a Marine combat vet to Dahmer? Are you kidding?
    Nope, just saying that if he gets general population he will most likely die in prison. Using Dahmer is just an example of how. I'm not wishing it, just thinking out loud.

My father and uncle are vets, several friends are vets. Three friends are SEALS, one is still active. I don't know anyone with Post Traumatic Stress Syndrome, it must be a real *****. A little weird they didn't read this guy if he was really that freaked out.

Regaurdless, it's a bummer that two men died and one is forever ruined.

Quote Originally Posted by marshall View Post
    I don't know anyone with Post Traumatic Stress Syndrome.

You most likely do actually. It's not like the chicken pox, ya know.
    ďLife has become immeasurably better since I have been forced to stop taking it seriously.Ē ― H.S.T.
    "Character is how you treat those who can do nothing for you."

Quote Originally Posted by marshall View Post
    Nope, just saying that if he gets general population he will most likely die in prison. Using Dahmer is just an example of how. I'm not wishing it, just thinking out loud.

My father and uncle are vets, several friends are vets. Three friends are SEALS, one is still active. I don't know anyone with Post Traumatic Stress Syndrome, it must be a real *****. A little weird they didn't read this guy if he was really that freaked out.

Regaurdless, it's a bummer that two men died and one is forever ruined.
    I believe he will go to a mental hospital and stabilized on drugs.He will then probably spend a few months in a VA treatment (rehab) center. Being still military he will get a medical discharge for mental health.
    We must remember the shooter is an American hero also.
    Now left only to be a turd in the forrest and the circle will be complete.Use me as I have used you

Imagine that this was 3 nameless combat vets where 2 of them are trying to help the 3rd deal with serious PTSD. Then that guy suddenly flips out and shoots the other 2 as a result of his PTSD. Are you going to sit there and tell us that you wish that the American Veteran who is suffering from PTSD is tossed into prison
    Yes. A back-shooting murder is a murder, no matter what. I don't care how nuts he or she might be. By definition all murderers are nuts. Lock them up somewhere for life or let them ride the lightning.
    Floatplane,Tailwheel and Firearms Instructor- Dragonfly Aero
    Experimental Hand-Loader, NRA Life Member
    http://site.dragonflyaero.com

Quote Originally Posted by Float Pilot View Post
    Yes. A back-shooting murder is a murder, no matter what. I don't care how nuts he or she might be. By definition all murderers are nuts. Lock them up somewhere for life or let them ride the lightning.
    Plus 1....
    "You will never know how much it cost my generation to preserve your freedom. I hope you make good use of it."
    ~ John Quincy Adams

Quote Originally Posted by Amigo Will View Post
    I believe he will go to a mental hospital and stabilized on drugs.He will then probably spend a few months in a VA treatment (rehab) center. Being still military he will get a medical discharge for mental health.
    We must remember the shooter is an American hero also.
    He stopped being a hero when he shot a fellow soldier who was trying to help him... the whole deal is very sad and sickening.
    "You will never know how much it cost my generation to preserve your freedom. I hope you make good use of it."
    ~ John Quincy Adams

Quote Originally Posted by MontanaRifleman View Post
    He stopped being a hero when he shot a fellow soldier who was trying to help him... the whole deal is very sad and sickening.
    Well said, Sad indeed. Prayers for all three families are in order.

Rip Chris Kyle. *I don't even know where to begin with some of this crap on this thread. *I agree it was a tragedy, but Chris obviously saw the need to help some of these combat VETERANS and may have even considered the inherent risk. * It's amazing how some people are willing to paint the shooter a cold blooded murderer without more info. *How unstable were these guys? *I don't think letting him(the shooter) "ride the lightning" or getting beat to death in prison is the solution at all. *Unreal responses. * How would you feel if was your son back from Iraq Messed up in the head super bad suffering from PTSD, NEEDING help and he snapped, would you still lock him in a cell and throw away the key? *Electrocute him? *This is a tragedy indeed, on many levels. * Lets not be naive here, *the need to address this sickness is REAL. *Thoughts and prayers to the families. *

I figure Kyle had PTSD also and was using and teaching what worked for him. Hard to believe how many want to burn this vet. Look at the many killed by friendly fire each war if all shooters in those cases went to prison the draft would be back for sure and we would be out many pilots also.

Some of you guys are off the charts here..lol A perfect product of our society decided he was the (1%) of our patriots and joins the service to serve his country. Deploys, probably sees more **** than half of the joes on here..gets back, has some mental issues and is diagnosed with PTSD (many different levels) was probably already discharged or at a min was assigned to a WTB. Gets involved in some of the awesome programs out there to assist them in recovery..(already hard enough to except you need help). Gets a chance to go to a range (because it helps most of them to get back in touch with a common bond or something they share in common) includes form of therapy. Snaps and kills two guys.

Now he is less than a hero, less than the American that joined and covered the battlefield for his buddies, could have shed blood on the BF for you and your family..provided the blanket of freedom you cover youself with every night and your chidren..now he is less than that..Ridonculous..cracks me up..

It is has been clinically proven that EVERYONE that goes to combat experiences and suffers from a certain degree of PTSD, anxiety disorders or some other mental disorder. Some hide it better and the macho type A styles might even deal with it better than others...but to say that NOBODY suffers from it is total BS. After 24 years in the medical field in the Army and soon retiring. I have seen the worst cases in some of my own Soldiers, and have helped many over the years.

They are all Americans, Patriots, and Heroes. You cant take that from them period. Some need help, more monitoring, better medical treatment..yes. Some need to come to terms that they need to get treatment..yes.

With the current BS in Washington and the politics the way it is..this country is at war with itself, our military has issues, medical system has issues and most of the ones not in or who have not served and know what its like to be on the BF with **** flying around or your buddy lying there grabbing your arm..saying Donít let me die brother!! Have no idea what it is like.

Tragic yes...for all three families. I hope he gets the proper punishment he deserves. But he the 1% that serves. Deserves more from us.

reminds me of

Great quote;

I have neither the time nor the inclination to explain myself to a man who rises and sleeps under the blanket of the very freedom that I provide, and then questions the manner in which I provide it. I would rather you just said thank you, and went on your way, Otherwise, I suggest you pick up a weapon, and stand a post. Either way, I don't give a **** what you think you are entitled to....

I feel better now..
    President of Alaska Waterfowl Assoc.
    http://akwaterfowl.com
    https://www.facebook.com/pages/Alask...78020265619952
    AlaskaWaterfowlAssociation@gmail.com
    Gen.1:26
    And God said, let them have dominion over the fish of the sea, and over the fowl of the air, and over all the earth, and over every creeping thing that creepeth upon the earth.

It seems to me this thread was started in memory and honor of Chris Kyle and now it's turning into a debate about the guy who killed him.

My sympathy and prayers are with the families of the two men who were killed and the family of the man who did the killing.
    ~ John Quincy Adams

Quote Originally Posted by Duckhunter01 View Post
    Some of you guys are off the charts here..lol A perfect product of our society decided he was the (1%) of our patriots and joins the service to serve his country. Deploys, probably sees more **** than half of the joes on here..gets back, has some mental issues and is diagnosed with PTSD (many different levels) was probably already discharged or at a min was assigned to a WTB. Gets involved in some of the awesome programs out there to assist them in recovery..(already hard enough to except you need help). Gets a chance to go to a range (because it helps most of them to get back in touch with a common bond or something they share in common) includes form of therapy. Snaps and kills two guys.

Now he is less than a hero, less than the American that joined and covered the battlefield for his buddies, could have shed blood on the BF for you and your family..provided the blanket of freedom you cover youself with every night and your chidren..now he is less than that..Ridonculous..cracks me up..

It is has been clinically proven that EVERYONE that goes to combat experiences and suffers from a certain degree of PTSD, anxiety disorders or some other mental disorder. Some hide it better and the macho type A styles might even deal with it better than others...but to say that NOBODY suffers from it is total BS. After 24 years in the medical field in the Army and soon retiring. I have seen the worst cases in some of my own Soldiers, and have helped many over the years.

They are all Americans, Patriots, and Heroes. You cant take that from them period. Some need help, more monitoring, better medical treatment..yes. Some need to come to terms that they need to get treatment..yes.

With the current BS in Washington and the politics the way it is..this country is at war with itself, our military has issues, medical system has issues and most of the ones not in or who have not served and know what its like to be on the BF with **** flying around or your buddy lying there grabbing your arm..saying Donít let me die brother!! Have no idea what it is like.

Tragic yes...for all three families. I hope he gets the proper punishment he deserves. But he the 1% that serves. Deserves more from us.

reminds me of

Great quote;

I have neither the time nor the inclination to explain myself to a man who rises and sleeps under the blanket of the very freedom that I provide, and then questions the manner in which I provide it. I would rather you just said thank you, and went on your way, Otherwise, I suggest you pick up a weapon, and stand a post. Either way, I don't give a **** what you think you are entitled to....

I feel better now..

Well said, Sir. Thanks.

Proud Vietnam vet '69'-'71.

Quote Originally Posted by MontanaRifleman View Post
    My sympathy and prayers are with the families of the two men who were killed and the family of the man who did the killing.
    The marine who snapped needs our prayers just as much as the rest of them. He'll be held to pay for his crime, but that doesn't change the fact that WE put him in the situation in the first place and asked more from him than he was able to give. And now some of you want to toss him under the bus. Makes me sick.

That quote in your sig line applies very well in this instance.
    Winter is Coming...

Go GeocacheAlaska!

Quote Originally Posted by JOAT View Post
    The marine who snapped needs our prayers just as much as the rest of them. He'll be held to pay for his crime, but that doesn't change the fact that WE put him in the situation in the first place and asked more from him than he was able to give. And now some of you want to toss him under the bus. Makes me sick.

That quote in your sig line applies very well in this instance.
    I agree, he does need our prayers. As to sympathy for his circumstances and "we put him there", we are not responsible for his decisions and actions. I am grateful for the service of all veterans and greatly appreciate their sacrifice. That does not give anyone a pass to do what he did nor does the quote in my sig line. Many, many others also experienced every thing he did and more without doing what he did. Chris Kyle leaves behind a wife and 2 children and I'm not sure about the other man's family.
    ~ John Quincy Adams

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast