Thread: Best Family Trails ?

Smile Best Family Trails ?

Just recently bought my first sleds. I bought 1 2013 Ski Doo expedition LE with 20” Wide track this is a Utility/Touring type and I bought it so my wife and I could ride 2 up. For my 16 year old son I bought a 2010 Ski Doo MXZ Adrenaline, This is a trail only type Sled with a short & 15” wide track. I guess my question to some of you old pro’s is, what do you guys think is the best family trails in the Matsu area? keep in mind I will be 2 up with my wife and my kid is riding a trail sled. Do you guys have any recommendations? We did the Houston loop trail in the big lake area today and had a blast. But looking to see what is out there.

check out Ride Petersville on Facebook. They hit the trapper creek trails almost every weekend for group rides. Always better to start off in groups..great bunch of people and usually meet at Trapper Creek Inn for breakfast etc.
    President of Alaska Waterfowl Assoc.
    http://akwaterfowl.com
    https://www.facebook.com/pages/Alask...78020265619952
    AlaskaWaterfowlAssociation@gmail.com
    Gen.1:26
    And God said, let them have dominion over the fish of the sea, and over the fowl of the air, and over all the earth, and over every creeping thing that creepeth upon the earth.

Another option would be the Willow area, see Trail Bosses post's or e-mail him. The have a very extensive trail system, clearly marked, often groomed and it keeps you out of the mtns on nice easy going terrain with lots of scenery, loops, lodges for lunch or warming up and so on.
    I believe you can park at the Willow community center for free of use Deshka Landing which has gas, Ray Roth has a great restaurant just outside the gate (Awesome home cooked fooed BTW), gated parking area, lots of people to ask Q's, warm up shack, heated bathrooms, and Justin will give you a hot cup of coffee on your way out!
    Have fun!
    BK

The trails north of Trapper Creek are excellent. You can park at the Trapper Creek Inn and go for a hundred miles of groomed trails.
    Bunny Boots and Bearcats: Utility Sled Mayhem

The best trails I have seen are the Lake Louise trails. They are well mapped and the best groomed trails I have seen in the state. There are a couple of lodges out there you can stay in for the weekend as well.

http://www.biglaketrails.org

click on the trails link. Will take you to pdfs of trail maps in the area.

I have the same sled, 2013 Expedition.

I suggest you adjust you rear suspension for 2 riders. My factory setting was way too soft causing a very uncomfortable ride. Check your operator's guide for how to details.