Thread: pretty much done plinking

Red face pretty much done plinking

So with all this craziness I think I'm done plinking. I like having "x" amount of ammo per firearm and can't really maintain that when I can't replace the ammo. And I got caught with to few primers to be comfortable..... Are any of you still going to blow off ammo or are you changing habits?

The reality, for myself also,
    it's pretty hard to go blasting thru bricks, just for fun

but I hate to think they have us controlled on both ends,...cause I like shooting

So, I'm going to get out there and keep plinking for a little while longer,....at some point I'll skid to a stop
    stash the rest
    but i've got to imagine the mania will end at some point, when this all blows over, Yet Again

maybe it'll cost a little more, but I'll keep shooting,
    figure it's a High Priority especially for my boys,...22LR,.... is going to be at the top

as to the larger stuff, my powder/primer/bullet stash is large, and I can keep shooting the larger calibers for a LONG time
    Ten Hours in that little raft off the AK peninsula, blowin' NW 60, in November.... "the Power of Life and Death is in the Tongue," and Yes, God is Good !

SwampView AK, Overlooking Mt. Mckinley and Points Beyond.

I hope to stay normal with my shooting for awhile.

I handload most everything. I don't have huge stores, but I learned a thing or two, last time.

SOTN
    Walk Slow, and Drink a Lotta Water.
    Has it ever occurred to you, that Nothing ever occurs to God? Adrien Rodgers.
    You can't out-give God.

I would say I'm pretty solid on .22. I could probably plink that I guess. Maybe 100 rounds a month just to pull the trigger. I will also say I cant hardly shoot paper anymore unless its for a zero, seems like such a waste to poke holes in paper when I can shoot steel!

I think saying I am done plinking would be a bit extreme. However I have defiantly started snow machining and exploring more and shooting less. We had the same shortage in 2008. I believe that eventually supply will catch up with demand. That is the way the market usually works. In my opinion this is just a dry spell in the shooting sports, the black helicopters arenít coming and the world isnít going to end. Might just be a good time to tinker with some of your other hobbies for a while.

ya maybe i will buy a new gas tank for my 3 wheeler and get rid the jug since ammo is going up
    Semper Fi!

Although I don't shoot a lot, I will shoot when I want like always.

Quote Originally Posted by AlaskanTides View Post
    I think saying I am done plinking would be a bit extreme. However I have defiantly started snow machining and exploring more and shooting less. We had the same shortage in 2008. I believe that eventually supply will catch up with demand. That is the way the market usually works. In my opinion this is just a dry spell in the shooting sports, the black helicopters arenít coming and the world isnít going to end. Might just be a good time to tinker with some of your other hobbies for a while.
    That's absolutley right! I have many other things I need to be working on. I'm fairly into photography, I should be doing that.
    I just can't help it, I love guns...

Sorry, I am a little confused........Is the issue the cost of .22 Rim Fire Ammo.....???

Quote Originally Posted by AGL4now View Post
    Sorry, I am a little confused........Is the issue the cost of .22 Rim Fire Ammo.....???
    Availability more like it. And while I have more than a typical years worth of .22, the restrictive store quanities have deminished my urge to go shoot. And of course this comes at a time when my son is eyeing my 10/22 more than his single shot Rossi. I was hoping to keep him at a slower pace a little longer.

When it gets expensive to shoot the 22 lr, I pull out my pellet gun (960 fps) to punch paper, keeps the shooting eye and finger tuned up. I used to shoot 60 pellets per day, it really made a difference when I went big game hunting. I did not miss a shot, even at running game. It is very cheap to shoot .177 pellets, and easy to get and store. Have fun.

No its not a cost issue, its availability like was said. Forget about repleneshing the 223 or 308 or 45 stash.....

Quote Originally Posted by shayno View Post
    No its not a cost issue, its availability like was said. Forget about repleneshing the 223 or 308 or 45 stash.....

So are you saying that if, Bill Gates from Microsoft drove up to your area with 38,MILLION dollars cash in small bills, that "NO-ONE" would sell him .22 Rim Fire ammo.......????

So then there is NO rim fire ammo available at Any price.......???? I ask because I have ammo that I would sell.

So are you saying that if, Bill Gates from Microsoft drove up to your area with 38,MILLION dollars cash in small bills, that "NO-ONE" would sell him .22 Rim Fire ammo.......????

So then there is NO rim fire ammo available at Any price.......???? I ask because I have ammo that I would sell.

I see your point, but i think you might be over thinking this.
    If i am to respond to the "what if" i will say it would be a cost issue if i needed millions of dollars for .22 ammo!