Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: EAA pistols - 10 mm

Default EAA pistols - 10 mm

Howdy clip pistol fans... any words on how you like or what the 'word' is on the EAA Witness in 10 mm or any other EAA 10 mm pistol variation. I like some of their features:
    double action then single action following, cock lock, safety, sights etc.

I also saw an EAA pistol that was a tad shorter polymer and of course was lighter. This would be nicer to carry. Ammo is problematic as supply moves to cover demand, once again.

Any reports about EAA pistols would be great. Accuracy and function etc. Thank you!
    That country was so hungry even the ravens were packin' a lunch.... HUNGRY I tell ya'!!

Default You mean like this?

DSC_0035a.jpg

They are a CZ75 clone but 10mm and 45 grip is longer than the CZ to take the longer rounds . . . so you could call them Brenn Ten clones.
    http://www.google.com/imgres?imgurl=...QEwAQ&dur=8250

I have that one pictured and another newer one with a rail on it, both are Match. Match is a higher grade with extras, long slide, extended controls, and single action only triggers. They are both 10mm and I have a 45acp long slide conversion that runs on ether gun. I have had a bunch of EAAs and all have been good guns. They are not very well dressed, burrs, sharp edges are normal so need to be cleaned up usually. EAA is pitiful if you need warrantee service so just figure you are buying it as is. They were all a heck of a gun for the money though.

I know nothing about the Witness P, the poly version you talk about though.
    Andy
    On the web= C-lazy-F.co
    Email= Andy@C-lazy-F.co
    Call/Text 602-315-2406
    Phoenix Arizona

I think they are the best 10mm design on the market and wish I had not sold the one I had fifteen odd years ago.
    Now left only to be a turd in the forrest and the circle will be complete.Use me as I have used you

Here is my other one. This one has some aftermarket stuff, wood grips, heavy guide rod, and both 10s have heavy Wolf (23# I think) springs.

IMG_0194.jpg
    Andy
    On the web= C-lazy-F.co
    Email= Andy@C-lazy-F.co
    Call/Text 602-315-2406
    Phoenix Arizona

I had a witness 10mm. It was a jammomatic. I traded it off. I wouldn't consider getting another.

i have a glock, delta elite and Wilson in 10mm. They run great.

SwampView AK, Overlooking Mt. Mckinley and Points Beyond.

Quote Originally Posted by ADfields View Post
    DSC_0035a.jpg

They are a CZ75 clone but 10mm and 45 grip is longer than the CZ to take the longer rounds . . . so you could call them Brenn Ten clones.
    http://www.google.com/imgres?imgurl=...QEwAQ&dur=8250

I have that one pictured and another newer one with a rail on it, both are Match. Match is a higher grade with extras, long slide, extended controls, and single action only triggers. They are both 10mm and I have a 45acp long slide conversion that runs on ether gun. I have had a bunch of EAAs and all have been good guns. They are not very well dressed, burrs, sharp edges are normal so need to be cleaned up usually. EAA is pitiful if you need warrantee service so just figure you are buying it as is. They were all a heck of a gun for the money though.

I know nothing about the Witness P, the poly version you talk about though.
    OK, AD:

Mebbe that splains something for me. I have little expertise about Auto Handguns.

I looked up those EAA Witness guns up on the Internet about 3 times at least, after trying yours.

AND, they all looked like DA the first shot to me, (A feature that I LIKE) yet the one of yours, you said was SA only.

So, "Match" is why, it's SA, and that probably explains the great Trigger Pull of that one of yours too.

I would be happy with the EAA Witness 45 ACP, myself. I know it's a full size handgun, but how concealable do you find it? I wouldn't like to sacrifice usabilaty for concealability, when it's a 45. Gimme something that I can shoot.

http://www.gunblast.com/EAA-Witness45.htm

In the wintertime, I can conceal my S&W Mdl 29 44 Mag. and it has a 6" barrel.

Thanks
    Smitty of the North
    Walk Slow, and Drink a Lotta Water.
    Has it ever occurred to you, that Nothing ever occurs to God? Adrien Rodgers.
    You can't out-give God.

Quote Originally Posted by seant View Post
    I had a witness 10mm. It was a jammomatic. I traded it off. I wouldn't consider getting another.

Thatís a possibility with any auto but Iíve had 7 or 8 Witnesses in 9, 357, 40, 45, and 10 now and every one ran great. Sure Colt Delta or a Wilson are better guns and that is reflected in the price tag. I also have Glocks, great poly guns but they are injection molded poly and also not in the same class as a Witness.
    Andy
    On the web= C-lazy-F.co
    Email= Andy@C-lazy-F.co
    Call/Text 602-315-2406
    Phoenix Arizona

Quote Originally Posted by Smitty of the North View Post
    OK, AD:

Mebbe that splains something for me. I have little expertise about Auto Handguns.

I looked up those EAA Witness guns up on the Internet about 3 times at least, after trying yours.

AND, they all looked like DA the first shot to me, (A feature that I LIKE) yet the one of yours, you said was SA only.

So, "Match" is why, it's SA, and that probably explains the great Trigger Pull of that one of yours too.

I would be happy with the EAA Witness 45 ACP, myself. I know it's a full size handgun, but how concealable do you find it? I wouldn't like to sacrifice usabilaty for concealability, when it's a 45. Gimme something that I can shoot.

http://www.gunblast.com/EAA-Witness45.htm

In the wintertime, I can conceal my S&W Mdl 29 44 Mag. and it has a 6" barrel.

Thanks
    Smitty of the North
    Yes the base Witness is single/double action where Match and Elite are single action and adjustable. Iíd like to have single/double but if you get that it comes with the shorter barrel and cheap sights. The trigger groups are interchangeable and since these things are shot a lot in European competitions under the Tanfoglio name there are good quality single/double adjustable trigger replacements if a guy knows where to look.

It packs about like any other full size or a tad better than a full size revolver because itĎs flat sided . . . like a 45 once hunk of iron.
    Andy
    On the web= C-lazy-F.co
    Email= Andy@C-lazy-F.co
    Call/Text 602-315-2406
    Phoenix Arizona

SwampView AK, Overlooking Mt. Mckinley and Points Beyond.

Thanks AD:

That GunBlast page (link I posted) gave the one I like, a great review.

SOTN
    Walk Slow, and Drink a Lotta Water.
    Has it ever occurred to you, that Nothing ever occurs to God? Adrien Rodgers.
    You can't out-give God.

Comes in a compact frame too, grip is bobbed off and slide stops flusk at the frame end. I had one in 40S&W (my first EAA) as my CC gun in Arizona and it was a very good size/power compromise. Held 10 rounds of 40 but took the full size 14 round mags too. I never missed the part of the grip they cut off and I ran the 45 long slide conversion kit on that one too sometimes.

The stock single/double triggers arenít bad feeling. They do have a lot of over travel so a longer than needed reset. They can have a stop screw taped through the top of the trigger to contact the frame and adjust that out though . . . Part of any good trigger job on them in my view. I like these Tanfoglio guns a lot, itís too bad that the importer EAA is so worthless . . . With good importer support I think they would get real popular because they are good guns.
    Andy
    On the web= C-lazy-F.co
    Email= Andy@C-lazy-F.co
    Call/Text 602-315-2406
    Phoenix Arizona

Great comments and link. The author on the link, Jeff, seems to know what he is talking about and writes understandably.

I sold my 40 SW and bought a 10mm EAA. My wife carries the Glock Model 29 SF and is mostly happy shooting it. I am looking forward to learning the attributes of my steel Witness.

I've carried the 44 mag for years on my hip in the field homesteading, guiding and cruising timber for the state. I was looking to get a lighter carry gun in the large caliber but with this purchase that didn't happen. The Witness is beefy. A shoulder holster is looming soon...

The Glock is very cool and the model 29 and 20's are a known entity. I am not crazy about the long trigger pull and DAO. SOOO, I bought the cheaper used EAA for significantly less than a Kimber or Colt. I've never had a 1911 stock pistol that didn't need costly tuning or upgrades. It is sickening to have to fork over that kind of loot and still have to go through the whole dang thing.

You get what you pay for though so I will see how this works in time. Thank you for the come backs!
    That country was so hungry even the ravens were packin' a lunch.... HUNGRY I tell ya'!!

Well here is the toy store. http://www.tanfoglioparts.com/index.html

I recommend their guide rod, it about doubles the surface contact with the frame and reduces battering the frame with heavy 10mm..
    Andy
    On the web= C-lazy-F.co
    Email= Andy@C-lazy-F.co
    Call/Text 602-315-2406
    Phoenix Arizona

Hey! If I look thru this empty beer bottle, I think I can see Russia from here!!!

thanks for the link Andy! been thinking abouit a 45 ACP target model...
    ďYouíve gotten soft. Youíre like one of those police dogs whoís released in to the wild and gets eaten by a deer or something.Ē Bill McNeal of News Radio

Any hints on setup for the 10mm? I have Double Tap 230 grain loads and the slide seemed to hit the stop pretty hard so I upgraded to a heavier spring. Now I am not sure if it is too heavy or if it will just need to be shot till it loosens up. I am not sure if switching back to the factory spring would be the way to go or not at this point.

What weight spring did you put in? When I got mine, lo these many years ago, I bought Wolff springs. They came 4 to the package, 16, 18, 20 and 22 lb. I have he 20lb in it, and it works just fine. I've never fired Double Tap ammo, but my handloads are stout.

Wolff 22lb from Doubletap. I would love to try a 20 if someone knows where to order it from. If it actually shot and ammo wasn't priced like it was gold as opposed to lead I may spend more time with it.

Quote Originally Posted by LuJon View Post
    Any hints on setup for the 10mm? I have Double Tap 230 grain loads and the slide seemed to hit the stop pretty hard so I upgraded to a heavier spring. Now I am not sure if it is too heavy or if it will just need to be shot till it loosens up. I am not sure if switching back to the factory spring would be the way to go or not at this point.
    Iím running the 20# Woolff part number 49820 for the long slide (donít have the standard part # handy) 10mm. Running on the improved guide rod itís held about .200Ē shorter so a tad heaver than the 20# number. Highly recommend the Henning guide rod for the 10mm, it more than doubles the contact surface where rod meets frame!

20# seems to work great for heavy 10mm in the long slide but may be too light on a lighter mass of the standard slide. I also have 12-14-16-18, and 22 but use 20 for 10mm and 16 for 45acp are all I use. FYI the stock 10mm and 45acp spring is just 14 pound, way too light for DT 10mm.

Forgot the link: Woolff EAA page
    Andy
    On the web= C-lazy-F.co
    Email= Andy@C-lazy-F.co
    Call/Text 602-315-2406
    Phoenix Arizona

I have done a little more reading on them and it seems that a 40 barrel is all that is needed to shoot cheaper 40 ammo and that the factory spring and mag work fine for it. I think the 22 lb spring is a little heavy so will just leave it in the safe until I can get a 20lb ordered up.

Just a 40 barrel is my understanding but I havenít tried it. The factory 10mm spring should be fine because most factory 10mm ammo is only loaded to FBI levels which is 40S&W level. I load all my 10mm to the hot DT range and when I want to plink I slip the 45 slide on, both are cheap for me because I crank them out on a progressive but the 10 is all hot and the 45 is just ball.
    Andy
    On the web= C-lazy-F.co
    Email= Andy@C-lazy-F.co
    Call/Text 602-315-2406
    Phoenix Arizona

Quote Originally Posted by seant View Post

If you had to pick one to keep which would it be?
    Glock, Delta, or Wilson?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast