Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Chris Kyle Killed

Default Chris Kyle Killed

We've lost a brother, a good friend, an American hero, and fellow elite KRYPTEK Prostaffer.

Chris was shot and killed a few hours ago at a Texas ranch, not much else has been released.

Please keep his family in your thoughts.

I'd consider it a personal favor for the moderators to keep this thread on site out of respect for fellow soldiers to let them know we're thinking of all who serve(d).

Respectfully,

Larry Bartlett

Prayesr sent! Here is a link to the story

http://www.theblaze.com/stories/2013...hooting-lodge/
    PEOPLE SAY I HAVE A.D.D I DON'T UNDERSTA.....OH LOOK A MOOSE !!!

Do I give my friends advice? Jesus, no. They wouldn't take advice from me. Nobody should take advice from me. I haven't got a clue about anything..

RIP Chris.

He clocked Jesse Ventura when the aforementioned Jesse ran his mouth off in a SEAL bar about the SEAL's deserving to get killed.
    Good Man.
    My child was inmate of the month at Mat-Su pre-trial Correctional facility.

I really enjoyed his book......it is a very educational read. Sad to hear of this, and only a month after John Noveske's death at age 36.

A real shame! bless his family with these hard times.
    Semper Fi!

Unbelievable. All his work and sacrifice to be killed by a scumbag while trying to help others (and probably the perp as well). At least they captured the dirt bag before he had a chance to off himself. Texas has some very harsh prisons - before he's executed.
    Last edited by GD Yankee; 02-02-2013 at 20:58. Reason: grammar.

Quote Originally Posted by GD Yankee View Post
    Unbelievable. All his work and sacrifice to be killed by a scumbag while trying to help others (and probably the perp as well). At least they captured the dirt bag before he had a chance to off himself. Texas has some very harsh prisons - before he's executed.
    You might want to read the story again.

Quote Originally Posted by pacific23 View Post
    You might want to read the story again.
    Which part? What GD Yankee said is what's being reported.
    Bunny Boots and Bearcats: Utility Sled Mayhem

I saw that the the guy was helping Marines with PTSD and the guy that shot him and another person was one of the Marines...

Quote Originally Posted by Mkay View Post
    He clocked Jesse Ventura when the aforementioned Jesse ran his mouth off in a SEAL bar about the SEAL's deserving to get killed.
    Good Man.
    It was Ventura disagreeing with the war and saying the current crop of Seals were murderers. While the Seals were having a walk for a fallen team member with the team member's family there.

On a side note, Ventura was a member if the UDT from 65ish to 71 (may be off a bit) which is the Seal programs daddy and he is or at least was a Seal reservist...

WFAA adds:

Two people were killed Saturday at a gun range in Erath County. Three sources tell News 8 that one of the victims was Chris Kyle, a former Navy SEAL and author of the New York Times bestselling book, “American Sniper.”

Kyle was shot point-blank while helping another soldier who is recovering from post traumatic stress syndrome, News 8 learned.

An alert was issued for the suspect, who was reportedly captured in Lancaster, south of Dallas. The suspect was believed to be highly trained with military experience. [Emphasis added]

Ya they were all Recon at one time.Now days your Marine force recon and the next a Navy Seal working purple ops.. The shooter a messed up in the head Marine probably had a flash back and friends became the enemy or meds not working right.
    This will be the test now to disarm all combat vets due to possible PTSD popping up at any moment. I was shooting around 50,000 shells a year in different shotgun sports.My last tournament was sporting clays in the woods with about 250 shooters. My team mates knew me well and I gave them that look we get wide glassy eyes with tears. As a team we stepped out of line so the next team could shoot. We sat in the shade and had a smoke and talked about what I saw,smelled and heard for the trigger.We fell six teams back and took the course back up. We won high team with Ms.Vicky winning high shooter Al won the A class I took B class and Roger a new member welcomed to our team won C class.
    I am in control as much as any one could be but choose to quit large group events shooting guns
    Now left only to be a turd in the forrest and the circle will be complete.Use me as I have used you

I really liked Kyle's book myself,..."American Sniper,"
    Everybody should read that one
    looking at the video interview just now of his position on Gun Control,...
    he comes across as, "dialed," in person, as he did in the book,...

We have Truly lost a Great Man, and Valuable Spokesperson, Great Warrior for our Nation, period

I won't be calling judgement on the guy they have in custody until more of that story comes out, for sure
    leave it to the Justice system to find out what really happened
    too many variables to the PTSD reality

Mercy and Grace to the Kyle Family, and all involved
    Ten Hours in that little raft off the AK peninsula, blowin' NW 60, in November.... "the Power of Life and Death is in the Tongue," and Yes, God is Good !

Really sorry to hear of this.

Let's hold off passing judgement on this situation until we know the facts.

Meanwhile, not a bad idea to say a prayer for his wife and kids. Pretty sad deal all the way around.

-Mike
    LOST CREEK COMPANY: Specializing in Alaska hunt consultation and planning for do-it-yourself hunts, fully outfitted hunts, and guided hunts.
    CLICK HERE to send me a private message.
    Web Address: http://alaskaoutdoorssupersite.com/hunt-planner/
    Mob: 1 (907) 229-4501
    "Dream big, and dare to fail." -Norman Vaughan
    "I have climbed my mountain, but I must still live my life." - Tenzig Norgay

agree, sad day indeed. Have seen hundreds of vets and active duty soldiers with different levels of PTSD. Many variables no doubt to this story and i am sure they will explain it shortly.

Sad day for both veterans families.
    President of Alaska Waterfowl Assoc.
    http://akwaterfowl.com
    https://www.facebook.com/pages/Alask...78020265619952
    AlaskaWaterfowlAssociation@gmail.com
    Gen.1:26
    And God said, let them have dominion over the fish of the sea, and over the fowl of the air, and over all the earth, and over every creeping thing that creepeth upon the earth.

Quote Originally Posted by Duckhunter01 View Post
    agree, sad day indeed. Have seen hundreds of vets and active duty soldiers with different levels of PTSD. Many variables no doubt to this story and i am sure they will explain it shortly.

Sad day for both veterans families.
    All three really.New guards on Heaven's Way
    Now left only to be a turd in the forrest and the circle will be complete.Use me as I have used you

Saw the headlines on Fox News this am when I awoke...what a chitty deal.

150 confirmed kills and tenfold that americans saved b/c of his committment to this country and our way of life.

Disgusting and sad.
    Psalm 18:34
    He trains my hands for war, so that my arms can bend a bow of bronze.

Our country lost a Real Hero today. Chris Kyle has been my own personal Hero since reading his book and researching his accomplishments. I will be praying for all those involved in this incident as I hope you will.
    Rest in piece Chris Kyle!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast