Thread: New Hunter Info

Default New Hunter Info

Hi everyone,

Just been lurking for awhile but in June I'm moving up to Alaska.

My main question what kind of hunter education resources do y'all have up there that you would suggest. Perhaps any books or authors that are better than others.

I've already looked into the Hunter Education courses and will be signing up for that. I did notice on the same website they had a lot of classes for women. Are they coed or are there any programs that anyone is aware of that go beyond the surface knowledge?

I've never been hunting before but I figure if I'm going to be in Alaska I need embrace something that seems to be a large part of the culture. Plus its kind of silly not to be able to do something that humans have been doing for tens of thousands of years.

Thanks guys!

Welcome to this forum. Stay tuned and you will learn a lot. Take advantage of the seach feature,it can be your friend. glad to have you up here soon.

It's true there are much more direct opportunities for women. I was at a party last fall and all the gals were talking about their experiences at BOW events......their cheechako husbands and boyfriends ended up cornering ME, for info and opportunities, was kinda odd.

Hell, put on a wig and pee sitting down and you can do some pretty cool stuff with that program.