Thread: Eureka/Lake Louise trail reports?

Default Eureka/Lake Louise trail reports?

Anyone been out riding the trails around Lake Louise lately?? Snow and overflow reports? Any sign of wildlife? Thanks!

I was out last weekend. It was very cold. Went in Friday AM and as soon as I got off the main trail at 30 MPH I slowed to a crawl..... towing a sled too. It isn't every where but overflow is always a danger. If you are towing and want off the main trails, drop the sled, run where you want to go then come back for the sled.

One couple towing fishing gear blew the snow off the ice and couldn't get traction. In places the snow isn't bonded to the lake.

Off lake wasn't too bad. A couple snows made it alot smoother going.

I saw a fox on the lake. Some bou and moose tracks but no animals. No birds at all.

You the guys with the shanty at Wolverine?
    I don't mean to sound bitter, cold, or cruel, but I am, so that's how it comes out.
    Bill Hicks

Thanks for the reply, Dirtofak... Nope, not us. I'm planning a caribou hunt in that area this winter but I'm a bit concerned about trail conditions given the nature of this fickle weather we've been having lately... I'll post a trail report when I get back.

was just out there a few days ago... lots of fresh snow.. seems to be stacking up pretty good. Trails were excellent!