Thread: How to tell when hunting season is officially over.....

Default How to tell when hunting season is officially over.....

"The emotions that good hunters need to cultivate are love and service more than courage. The sentiments of the hunt then become translated into art." James Swan, In Defense of Hunting

I like it!

I don't know.......I would be tempted to spend halftime in the yard, showing my buddie my deer rifle; then hanging him in the garage to age a little.

Thats great LOL
    Is it opening day of duck season yet
    Vice President of Alaska Waterfowl Assicaition
    Member of Alaska Waterfowl Assicaition.

I'm just trying to figure out if he's in WI or MI........I'll guess Michigan since I grew up in Wisconsin and never saw deer the size of that.....at least it makes me feel better

I thought it was when people stopped asking where the caribou are.. then again season closes March 31st.. and the drawings for next year will be posted by then so a new wave of folks will want to know where to find a caribou.. so I guess it never ends..

I don't know why we call it hunting SEASON. All of you know as much as i do it's hunting life. Once you've harvested or decided that you did not get anything this year work starts on looking for next years game. It's just a cycle that never ends.

Quote Originally Posted by Kmagers View Post
    I don't know why we call it hunting SEASON. All of you know as much as i do it's hunting life. Once you've harvested or decided that you did not get anything this year work starts on looking for next years game. It's just a cycle that never ends.
    I understand what you're saying, but, it not "us" necessarily saying hunting "season"........F&G has a lot to do with that scenario.....lol
    "The emotions that good hunters need to cultivate are love and service more than courage. The sentiments of the hunt then become translated into art." James Swan, In Defense of Hunting

BTW guys.....unless this is photoshopped, I was thinking that is a pretty cool life sized mount. What do the rest of you think...???

Quote Originally Posted by 4merguide View Post
    I understand what you're saying, but, it not "us" necessarily saying hunting "season"........F&G has a lot to do with that scenario.....lol
    Still, the season doesn't end...the targeted species just changes. Tomorrow my wife and I will be looking for lynx, fox, or coyotes.

As for the mount, that does indeed look cool. My brother has a couple in his room in a similar pose.

That's a classic. The only problem with that pic is I doubt we'll ever see the day when the lions will be in the superbowl. I'd be nice, but I doubt it will ever happen.

Love the mount and love all the sheds laying around..... Must be single...lol

You are for sure talkin my language with that HAMMER buck!!!! Mount is awesome. Looks like the guy is just sitting with his trusty steed watching the Lions get smacked around by Gbay. You should post a pic on that "book" thread as that buck looks to be flirting with the Boone. Rack looks Canada-ish.

BTW guys.....unless this is photoshopped, I was thinking that is a pretty cool life sized mount. What do the rest of you think...???
    Definitely photoshopped (the football game that is).

D&DH reader Joe Loomis, relives the hunt for his 207-inch buck with the full body mount.
    http://www.deeranddeerhunting.com/tr.../reader-photos
    He who knows nothing is closer to the truth than he whose mind is filled with falsehoods and errors. ~Thomas Jefferson