Thread: Rossi Handguns?

Default Rossi Handguns?

I have never owned any Rossi guns, but there are some pretty supportive posts on their rifles, anybody have an opinion of their revolvers?
    When asked what state I live in I say "The State of Confusion", better known as IL....

I've got one that was my father's. It's got to be 30 years old or more- basically it's a S&W copy.

I wouldn't shoot the heck out of one but it should work for intermittent duty.
    "I do not deal in hypotheticals. The world, as it is, is vexing enough..." Col. Stonehill, True Grit

AS lready said it is pretty much a S&W copy but not quite on the inside. It is a 44 Spc. and has had quite a number of rounds through it. Most were light in 200 grain at about 800 to 900 fps but some have much heavier 240 grain in the 1,000 plus range. So far this little gun has held up really well to several boxes a month from the wife and boy. I'd say it equal to the S&W of similar size and design.

Not sure about the older ones but newer are made by Braztec, they are Taurus guns stamped Rossi for some marketing reason ot other. 357 and down I have had good luck with them but mixed luck 44mag and up heavy recoiling guns but even those can be cleaned up inside fine.
    Andy
    On the web= C-lazy-F.co
    Email= Andy@C-lazy-F.co
    Call/Text 602-315-2406
    Phoenix Arizona

I bought a 38 for my wife. I've never had any problems with it. Always smooth functioning and no problem. Good little cheap pistol.

I appreciate the feedback fellas. I bought a Taurus last year for my daughter and the cylinder would not cycle, no way it was tested at the factory. Well, I sent it to Florida repair center and it came back fixed. I knew Taurus had ties to Rossi. I guess the warrenty is hard to beat. Price also. Daughter is wanting a smaller 357 to carry and she has big hands and one of the Rossi's looks promising...Not gonna be a gun to eat a lot of rounds but sure want it to go bang for defense reasons!

Hey Andy, finally got that reloader we swapped for crankin a couple nights ago! Made a few 38's last spring but didn't have a thru powder die so had to do it with a scale. Bought a 357 thru die and got the powder drop workin, not a bad little press. I have a little trouble with the die plate wanting to jump up and out of its track a little, but I think I just need to get more used to it...
    When asked what state I live in I say "The State of Confusion", better known as IL....

SwampView AK, Overlooking Mt. Mckinley and Points Beyond.

Smokey:

I had a Rossi 38 Special Snub-Nose for a short while. I'm assuming it was an OLD versiion. IME, Older Rossi guns were cheaply made. (My Puma 357 rifle, is quite acceptable.) (I dunno if that's a Rossi or not.)

I didn't like this snubbie, cuz it jumped too much when I shot it. My wife, who is not a shooter, didn't like it either.

I bought it at a gun store only because it was VERY CHEAP.

I did have tble with it. It wouldn't ding the primer hard enough to fire, once in a while. I took off the grip, and found that there was a toggle that held the hammer spring on the bottom. I toggled it for more tension, and put a piece of cardboard under the toggle to hold it.

I never had any more trble with it, but I also, went to Federal Primers, that I was TOLD were softer.

I had enough confidence in it to sell it to a friend of mine, for bout what I paid for it.

I didn't need no stinkin snubbie since I had meantime purchased a S&W 38 with a 3" barrel.

Smitty of the North
    Walk Slow, and Drink a Lotta Water.
    Has it ever occurred to you, that Nothing ever occurs to God? Adrien Rodgers.
    You can't out-give God.

Thx Smitty for the inputs. Old EKC texted me a cpl days ago and he just bought one for his daughter and he said he was very impressed with it. I am sure they have a lot that work ok or they would be out of business. I have a snub S&W 38 my wife likes but grip is too small for my girls big mitts!

I have a M971, bought it new mebe 20 year ago. Never had an issue. Taurus on the other hand has been plagued with problems. Pretty sad given their long history.

Rossi started out building guns for S&W on machinery set up for them by S&W.It sped up getting mod.10's to military and LEO's in South America.S&W used about the same model as Harley when they set up the equipment in Japan to export Harley's to Europe and Australia.
    When the contract ended with Smith Rossi went on their on hook.
    Now left only to be a turd in the forrest and the circle will be complete.Use me as I have used you