Thread: Alaskan Outfitters rafts

Default Alaskan Outfitters rafts

Whats the scoop? I checked out his stuff and his Alaskan Guide model interested me and the price seemed right. He has a 10 year no questions warrenty. Yet I havn't seen much about his rafts talked about. Anyone?

Well they are not new to the market at all. Check out ZEBEC Cananda Eh. http://www.zebecboats.com/SportBugs.htm

You can also research Star inflatables and they have also been around for some time.

Jim King Boats ar similar however I believe he has a different manufacture so Maybe Jim will chime in.

IMO they are a little on the heavy side I happy to own two old Star Boats and one of Jims aka Gary King boats going on 10 year or more. IMO a little cheap on all valves compaired to other market products. The only thing I will mention about Warranty Work is where does the boat go to be repaired locally or to a hub like Seattle and or over seas and is there any additional shipping cost with the warranty i.e. you pay one way they pay the other.

Entry level boat again IMO.

BMR

Hmmm, so I should inquire about the valves, good point. Thanks for the reply. The guys's name is Mike I believe and he said he does all the repairs in house. Someone told me he branched off of 6th Ave Outfitters.

I've owned one of their catarafts for about 4 years now. I've never had any issues. As far as plastic boats are concerned, they're all very similar. Each designer puts a little more reinforcement where they feel it's needed. I choose the AK outfitters because of the heavy rubber coating (almost like tire tread) on the bottom of the tubes, I believe King offers it as an option. I've never had any issues with valves. It is a very big, heavy boat (16' with 27" tubes) but I float a lot of shallow water with heavy loads. He's got several guides and outfitters using his boats at this point. As far as service, with his new location, I believe he's doing repairs in house, and it's always nice to be able to walk into a store and talk directly to the owner...