Thread: Securing sled to trailer

Default Securing sled to trailer

I have somewhat of a silly question: how are people securing their tow behind sleds to their trailers? I have a 2-place trailer with one snowmachine and an otter-type trailer. Is there an easy way to do it without putting something like eye bolts on the trailer?

If you have a two place aluminum tilt trailer like most people then no. You really need to install some D-rings or other type of tie down point.

If you have some way to connect it and rope looped a round the bed of the trailer can provide attachment points for tiedowns.

George

Thanks, I hadn't thought of D-rings. They would lie flat when not in use
    Cheers

I've just used the tie-down rachet straps and secure the hooks to the rails on either side of the trailer. Haven't had anything get away from me so far.

Not sure if it would work w your sled, but years ago I came up with a slick way to attach my 10' siglin. Load machine onto trailer, the slide the siglin rear first onto trailer standing up on a long edge, then fasten the siglin tongue onto your machine hitch by swiveling tongue down towards bottom of siglin - run a ratchet strap looped 2x thru loop on rear of siglin that runs side to side at front of trailer. This is rock solid and bombproof - and can be done easily with 2 machines on trailer and siglin on edge between them. Will try to take pics this weekend and post as this is a bit confusing.

I have a jet sled, Home Depot has these D rings with a flat piece to bolt to the ply wood or drill through metal. I put them on them on the rim of the jet sled and they're good for strapping bungees across the gear to the other side. The D rings are only five bucks and worth their weight.