Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Sad day in our home...

Default Sad day in our home...

It is with great sadness and shock that I share the sudden/unexpected loss of our Ember (Doodle Bug). She suffered massive internal infections that eventually lead to septic shock while undergoing surgery to remedy the infection. It started with an abscess created by a foreign body either ingested or penetrating through the skin of her belly. She was only five years old.

Ember had the most delightful personality, a tremendous desire to please her humans and just plain loved life. Since we adopted her at 1 ˝ years old she started her bird hunting career later than most dogs I have had, yet her instincts kicked in and she gave it her all when in the field. She had become quite a proficient bird dog in a short amount of time. Ember was also a great companion. She loved to snuggle and she was always happy to get low and play with the mini dachshunds. She never declined a tug of war with Lil' Joe or Haggis...she even let them win once in a while. She never complained about anything, ever…even though she was extremely sick on that final day. Ember’s passing has left an enormous hole in our hearts and our household. She has also left us with uncountable joyous memories. RIP our canine friend.

So sorry for your loss... Losing a beloved pet is is no different than losing a family member.... My condolences.
    “The perils of duck hunting are great - especially for the duck.” Walter Cronkite

I am sorry to hear this. I have followed your adventures and have really enjoyed the photos that accompany them. Condolences to you and your family.
    Spending my kids' inheritance with them, one adventure at a time.

I don't know you friend, but I deeply sympathize your loss. I too lost a real good friend, companion and hunting dog about five years ago. Her memory is alive and well still to this day. All I can say is that you will always have the memories to cherish. And, more hunting dogs to come.

I am so sorry. Dogs are the greatest gift in the world. My condolences to you and your family.

Burke my sincerest condolences to you and your family. Losing a family member is never easy and for me the memories are what helped me the most. She is in a good place watching over you and the family...

Dale,

So sorry to hear about your loss.

Burke, That really is terribly sad news. She looks to have been a real sweet dog. I'm so very sorry for your loss. My best to you and your family and I hope the pain quickly subsides. As you know, thinking of her will always bring you some amount of pain and sadness, but the many great times you had together will bring a smile back to your face and heart and over shroud that pain. But don't worry about your sweet Ember, she'll be fine. I'm sure by now she has already met all those wonderful bird dogs that passed before her - some of them my own - and after a few sniffs here and there she'll be romping forever with the rest of the good dogs.

Warm regards,

Jim

Sorry Burke, that is awful. She will be with you always in the fields of your memories.... Always choose to remember.
    That country was so hungry even the ravens were packin' a lunch.... HUNGRY I tell ya'!!

What a sad day...
    Very sorry to read this. She was a beauty.
    Proud to be an American!

It is amazing the way a pet can fill our heart with love and devastating the void they leave when they pass.

So sorry for your loss.

While a beloved pet can never be replaced, it sure is hard not to love a new pup.
    "I refuse to let the things I can't do stop me from doing the things I can"
    Founding Member
    http://www.residenthuntersofalaska.org/

Condolences, Burke; looks like she was a happy and lovin' pup. Kudos to you for the obit and for giving her a great life
    "– Gas boats are bad enough, autos are an invention of the devil, and airplanes are worse." ~Allen Hasselborg

man i wish i could have a dog that would leave positive feelings in my life. everyone i had has been nothing but trouble.
    Semper Fi!

I sure hate to hear that. Thanks for giving a good dog a good home.
    Passing up shots on mergansers since 1992.

That can be absolutely tragic, I am sorry for your loss. Those without dogs just don't realize the attachment we can form with our dogs and the joy they add to our lives. Bud
    Wasilla

Very sorry for your lose my she run happy in the best hunting ground ever. Chris
    Is it opening day of duck season yet
    Member of Alaska Waterfowl Association

**** I hate to hear this. Hopefully the hurt I'm feeling is taking some away from you. Thanks for honoring her with your time and attention while she was ranging for those wild birds.

Sorry to hear of your loss. It's crazy the attachment we get to animals. May she rest peacefully in the happy hunting grounds

My sympathy, Burke . . .

C. S. Lewis said, "Man with an animal closes a gap in the universe."

How true, but what a gap they leave in our hearts when they're gone.

I just hate to open these threads but can't help it. Very sorry for you loss.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast