Thread: Down jacket sale

Default Down jacket sale

Guys, if anyone is looking for a down mid layer, maybe I can save ya some shopping. This Dameree Canyon 800 fill jacket is on sale for a ridiculous $99 on golite.com. Gotta buy something else for a few dollars to get free shipping for orders over a $100. Weighs a couple more ounces than some Ultra light camo models but if my conversion math is correct, this jacket has more than twice the fill weight. At less than half the price. I just got mine and it has a really nice, solid puff but still fits comfortably under my guide jacket. Much more manly looking than all the girly down jackets I see all the metro sexuals wearing around town. I am no garment expert but the jacket seems to be high quality. I wore it walking around the neighborhood the other night for an hour with nothing but a T under it. It was ten degrees and I was toasty.

How is the sleeve and torso length? I have a 37"-38" sleeve and usually go XLT or XXLT. It does not appear that they carry tall sizes.
    Spending my kids' inheritance with them, one adventure at a time.

Quote Originally Posted by spoiled one View Post
    How is the sleeve and torso length? I have a 37"-38" sleeve and usually go XLT or XXLT. It does not appear that they carry tall sizes.
    I am 6'2", broad shouldered and buy tall sizes if available. I ordered the XL and it fits awesome. Plenty of arm length and shoulder room. Hangs comfortably right at butt bottom. All these style jackets are cut fairly athletic so beer guts buy cautiously. They have a size chart with measurements on their site.

Wife just wore it out. Now I need to order another one!!

How small does it pack down? Or is the fill to dense for packing?
    "Beware the man with only one gun; he may know how to use it."

Quote Originally Posted by Kay9Cop View Post
    How small does it pack down? Or is the fill to dense for packing?
    Very packable into one of the pockets.

Quote Originally Posted by pa 5-0 View Post
    Much more manly looking than all the girly down jackets I see all the metro sexuals wearing around town...... I wore it walking around the neighborhood the other night for an hour with nothing but a T under it....
    Did any dudes hit on you?
    Proud to be an American!

Thanks..just ordered mine. I agree, looks better for price then the other simular hunting jackets and probably just the same in quality if not better..if it does not work out or the first time a guy looks at me wrong..the wife can have it..
    President of Alaska Waterfowl Assoc.
    http://akwaterfowl.com
    https://www.facebook.com/pages/Alask...78020265619952
    AlaskaWaterfowlAssociation@gmail.com
    Gen.1:26
    And God said, let them have dominion over the fish of the sea, and over the fowl of the air, and over all the earth, and over every creeping thing that creepeth upon the earth.

Quote Originally Posted by fullkurl View Post
    Did any dudes hit on you?
    LMAO!!!!!! No, but the wife kinda dug it. It was way dark when I took the walk. A lot of my neighbors are 5-0. They would absolutely crucify me. This will be a hunting only jacket for me. I can't do the shiny fabric thing. IMHO, at minimum it screams metrosexual, whereas I am 100% caveman hetero. To the contrary and my kids' embarrassment, I was rolling the old school Woolrich red plaid coat the other night. All time classic!

I went to order and its wanting to charge $25 for shipping, even though I'm over $100 with total items. Anybody else get this?

Nevermind, fine print says no free shipping to that foreign country Alaska.
    In 1492 Native Americans discovered Columbus lost at sea

If I come across as an arrogant, know-it-all jerk, it's because I am

tlingitwarrior,

That is easy. Have it shipped to pa 5-0 and he can mail it up from there.

Randy

Quote Originally Posted by Bullwinkle50 View Post
    tlingitwarrior,

That is easy. Have it shipped to pa 5-0 and he can mail it up from there.

Randy
    No problem. Let me know if you need an address.

Interesting..only charged me 6 bucks to an APO address.
    President of Alaska Waterfowl Assoc.
    http://akwaterfowl.com
    https://www.facebook.com/pages/Alask...78020265619952
    AlaskaWaterfowlAssociation@gmail.com
    Gen.1:26
    And God said, let them have dominion over the fish of the sea, and over the fowl of the air, and over all the earth, and over every creeping thing that creepeth upon the earth.

$25 to ship to Palmer for me.
    BK

One more company punishing us that make Alaska our home! This crap gets old, sure wish more companies and people would realize that Alaska is in the USA and that they can ship flat rate via USPS for the same price as they can to the state next to them.

Looks like a solid jacket at a great price.

Quote Originally Posted by broncoformudv View Post
    One more company punishing us that make Alaska our home! This crap gets old, sure wish more companies and people would realize that Alaska is in the USA and that they can ship flat rate via USPS for the same price as they can to the state next to them.

Looks like a solid jacket at a great price.

Well, think about it. Many of these products drop ship from warehouses around the U.S.
    If there isn't a facility in AK, you're out of luck. It's more and more expensive to ship stuff.

I shipped two pair of binos this morning, Zeiss RF and Swaro ranges, and it was $80 insured. Ouch. And the one pair was heading to only one state away!

Companies can't absorb a big loss in shipping and stay in business very long.
    Proud to be an American!

Quote Originally Posted by fullkurl View Post
    Well, think about it. Many of these products drop ship from warehouses around the U.S.
    If there isn't a facility in AK, you're out of luck. It's more and more expensive to ship stuff.

I shipped two pair of binos this morning, Zeiss RF and Swaro ranges, and it was $80 insured. Ouch. And the one pair was heading to only one state away!

Companies can't absorb a big loss in shipping and stay in business very long.
    You are right if they insist on shipping via USPS or FEDEX they can't ship economically to Alaska but there is nothign stopping them from using USPS and flat rate boxes for the majority of items we all purchase. USPS will even stop by the business and pick up packages just like UPS and FEDEX do.

Spoke with customer service this morning. They can ship flat rate USPS IF you call customer service and request it.
    Too late for my order but they are willing to work with us on shipping, FYI.
    BK

Quote Originally Posted by bkmail View Post
    Spoke with customer service this morning. They can ship flat rate USPS IF you call customer service and request it.
    Too late for my order but they are willing to work with us on shipping, FYI.
    BK
    Thanks for the heads up bkmail!!!!

No need to shout. We're all right here.
    Live life and love it
    Love life and live it