Thread: New to reloading

Default New to reloading

Hey fellas, just getting started in the reloading world and like most everyone right now, finding the supplies I want and need is proving difficult. I'm hoping someone might have some large pistol primers that they might be willing to part with? I realize it's probably a shot in the dark but worth a shot nonetheless. Thanks!

You might have a better chance at getting a reply if people knew where you are.

I'd be willing to set you up with some, if you're in Fairbanks.
    ...he who knows nothing is nearer to truth than he whose mind is filled with falsehoods & errors. ~Thomas Jefferson
    I would rather have a mind opened by wonder than one closed by belief. ~Gerry Spence
    The last thing Alaska needs is another bigot. ~member Catch It
    #Resist

Keep looking around if you are in Anchorage. I seen a 1000 box of Win large pistol primers at Sportsman's the other day. Check all the local shops as well. Just bought some last week at GNG. Keep looking as they hopefully will be getting more in.

Sorry guys, I am in Anchorage. Was in GNG today and was able to get large and small rifle primers, but still on the hunt for the large pistol primers. At GNG they told me it will be a month until they come in, would just like to load some .45's before that. Really appreciate the help, on a side note I'm enjoying doing a lot of reading and getting all my reloading gear setup. Should have done it a long time ago but that's just how it goes I guess : ) Sure is hard to get supplies, hope it mellows out a bit soon.

Was at Mt View today across from New Sagaya and they had a few LP primers.

How many are you looking for?

Thank 480SRH, I'll check there today...rbuck351, I'd like to get 1000 if I can, but having none right now I'm not too picky about quantity!

I was in Sportsman's on Wednesday looking for small pistol primers. The shelf was bare and as I was walking out I asked an employee when to check back. Turns out they had them behind the counter and were handing them out in small quantities.

Hey guys, had a friend come through with some primers, should be good for now while I'm still in the learning phase. Thanks for the replies!