Thread: Razor Clams for sale?

Default Razor Clams for sale?

Anyone know if a store in Anchorage sells razors? Wife told me it was too cold to dig them up there right now. Wimp. Looking for 5 # or so.
    Mike
    www.coffmancoveak.com
    Prince of Wales Island

costco has sold them , cleaned an ready to go , don't know if they have them now , they come from cook inlet , across the inlet from
    Deep Creek I think , or 10 & M might
    PS: it is cold out there so good luck

Alaska - I wasn't born here, but I got here as soon as I could!

Those razors come from the Polly Creek area.

I have seen them before at new sagaya.

Quote Originally Posted by Gooch View Post
    Anyone know if a store in Anchorage sells razors? Wife told me it was too cold to dig them up there right now. Wimp. Looking for 5 # or so.
    **** Gooch!
    Death is like an old whore in a bar--I'll buy her a drink but I won't go upstairs with her.

10th and M has them, I buy them once a year, costs about as much as a drive to deep creek to dig and I don't have to clean them... they taste way better too.
    2007 Kingfisher 2825 - Stor Fisk

Civilization ends at the waterline. Beyond that, we all enter the food chain, and not always right at the top. -- Hunter S. Thompson

Although indeed it can be quite cold, but from my experience sometimes they can be very easy to dig. There are times I've found them just under the surface. But that's up here, and I don't know what it's like down there. Have you tried it?.....are they still fairly deep down there?
    Sheep hunting...... the pain goes away, but the stupidity remains...!!!

Quote Originally Posted by 4merguide View Post
    Although indeed it can be quite cold, but from my experience sometimes they can be very easy to dig. There are times I've found them just under the surface. But that's up here, and I don't know what it's like down there. Have you tried it?.....are they still fairly deep down there?
    If you're talking POW/Ketchikan area there is no 'down here' for razor clams. I wish we did have them available in this area.

why do 10th&M razors taste better than self dug whiskey gulch clammage? What tastes better about them? Are they commercial dug clams?

The thought of not having to clean them is very appealing.........what do they get about 12$ per pound or so?

Thanks fellas for the info, I will have the wife try 10th and M. Kingfisher is correct, little to no razor clams down here.
    Mike
    www.coffmancoveak.com
    Prince of Wales Island

Thanks fellas for the info, I will have the wife try 10th and M. Kingfisher is correct, little to no razor clams down here.
    I had no idea you didn't have them down there......

Quote Originally Posted by Bullelkklr View Post
    why do 10th&M razors taste better than self dug whiskey gulch clammage? What tastes better about them? Are they commercial dug clams?

The thought of not having to clean them is very appealing.........what do they get about 12$ per pound or so?
    I've bought from new sagaya in the past. Price has gone up over the years from $10lb to around $15 to $18lb. Never thought of trying 10th & M.
    Alaska Outdoors Television ~ Outdoor Channel

They have them right now at Sagaya on Old Seward. Forgot to check the price though.
    Your bait stinks and your boat is ugly

They tasted better because I did not have to drive to Deep Creek, roll around in the mud digging the clams, clean the clams and then vac pack or freeze them.... I love clams but the work involved for the return is just not there for me, its back breaking work and I would rather buy them..... they taste better that way.
    2007 Kingfisher 2825 - Stor Fisk

Civilization ends at the waterline. Beyond that, we all enter the food chain, and not always right at the top. -- Hunter S. Thompson

Eagle River Fred Meyer's had razor clams in their fresh seafood section Thursday.

Just wanted to say that Peninsula Processing and Seafood is selling them now in Soldotna. At least that's what their sign said as I didn't go in there.......

Soldotna Fred Meyer has frozen vac pack razors from Polly Creek across the Inlet in the frozen case next to the fresh seafood. All cleaned and ready to cook. I tried one package a couple years ago and the flavor seemed the same as Clam Gulch but they were more tender when I breaded and pan-fried them. Can't say why.