Thread: Thanks Guys....

Default Thanks Guys....

I haven't flown for roughly 17 years, but checking in here and having a resume submitted for a position in Fairbanks has re-kindled the fire. My medical is in two weeks and I'll start knocking the rust off my wings the next day. The CFI I'm working with figures 6-10 hours to get up to speed for my bi-annual.

Life has been pretty simple these last 17 years. No bi-annuals, flight plans, FAA, FAR/AIM's. No club plane expenses, no dreaming of getting checked out in tailwheels (cubs and tailwheels in general are extremely rare down here).

But it's all ready started. I'm going out of town for professional training next week, but I also packed my flight bag and manuals to study in the evenings. If I land the job, first order of business after a house will be to find a club to join. Wife has decreed that I will get checked out on floats soonestand that I will be flying her to fishing areas she selects, on demand.

Just wanted to say thanks, guys...

Quote Originally Posted by NDTerminator View Post
    I haven't flown for roughly 17 years, but checking in here and having a resume submitted for a position in Fairbanks has re-kindled the fire. My medical is in two weeks and I'll start knocking the rust off my wings the next day. The CFI I'm working with figures 6-10 hours to get up to speed for my bi-annual.

Life has been pretty simple these last 17 years. No bi-annuals, flight plans, FAA, FAR/AIM's. No club plane expenses, no dreaming of getting checked out in tailwheels (cubs and tailwheels in general are extremely rare down here).

But it's all ready started. I'm going out of town for professional training next week, but I also packed my flight bag and manuals to study in the evenings. If I land the job, first order of business after a house will be to find a club to join. Wife has decreed that I will get checked out on floats soonestand that I will be flying her to fishing areas she selects, on demand.

Just wanted to say thanks, guys...

Well, WELCOME!

Good luck with your plans .............. and tell your wife that the fishing will knock her socks off!

Grizzly 1