Thread: LAKE LOUISE LAKERS and THIEVES!!!!!

Default LAKE LOUISE LAKERS and THIEVES!!!!!

Was out at my shack on Lake Susitna this weekend, man was it cold. Buddies wife caught a laker, which was cool. Headed back to the Lake Louise Lodge for dinner and then decided it was too cold to go back to the shack so packed up the gear and headed back to Anchorage. Finally, got to unpacking my gear last night and realized that I stole someone's boots from the lodge!

If you were at the Lake Louise Lodge on Saturday night and had to go home in -38 with no boots, I owe you a beer.

PM me with a description of the boots.

Quote Originally Posted by 1S1K View Post
    I owe you a beer.
    ....and possibly some toes.
    I am serious... and don't call me Shirley.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KM2K7sV-K74

Did you call the lodge yet? I bet whoever they belong to raised a fuss so the lodge owners know whos boots you got.

YEp, just got off the phone with John. I stole them from my buddy who I was out at the shacks with. Geez, some people, stealing from friends, actually if its your friend its more like borrowing, or "They're yours but we'll keep 'em at my place" type thing, right?

It was colder than -38. I was showing -48 Saturday and Sunday.

You better bring a quality whiskey, prime rib dinner and a pitiful smile.
    I don't mean to sound bitter, cold, or cruel, but I am, so that's how it comes out.
    Bill Hicks

Hahaha.. I was wondering where this was going to go. Glad it was a funny post. Thanks for sharing!

-50.7 yesterday morning. I am sure it was -90 at Mod elans place though....HAHAHAHA!

I personally have not snowmachined in that cold of weather before and hope to never do it again, not on a mountain machine with no windshield and no gauntlets. From the shack to the Lodge - 8 miles - and three fingers from the tip to the nail were white. Not good.

I personally have not snowmachined in that cold of weather before and hope to never do it again, not on a mountain machine with no windshield and no gauntlets. From the shack to the Lodge - 8 miles - and three fingers from the tip to the nail were white. Not good.
    And I was farther away than that. Get gauntlets. The roll up over the handle bars when you don't need them. Even with a headsock, my helmet wasn't enough. All vents closed. It sucks getting cold soaked then having to put machines up and spend 4 hours getting a truck started.
    I don't mean to sound bitter, cold, or cruel, but I am, so that's how it comes out.
    Bill Hicks

Quote Originally Posted by trailblazersteve View Post
    -50.7 yesterday morning. I am sure it was -90 at Mod elans place though....HAHAHAHA!
    I had a headsock go missing once.....
    Bill Hicks

Quote Originally Posted by trailblazersteve View Post
    Yeah but he was enjoying the warmth of the banana belt in los anchorage.

YEp, just got off the phone with John. I stole them from my buddy who I was out at the shacks with. Geez, some people, stealing from friends, actually if its your friend its more like borrowing, or "They're yours but we'll keep 'em at my place" type thing, right?
    It's when you find yourself stealing your -own- stuff that you either need to quit drinking, see a Doc about alzheimers, or just ask what's left in life anymore...