Thread: Trail from Deshka landing to Lake creek

Default Trail from Deshka landing to Lake creek

I have a cabin on fish lake creeks just above lake creek and ive never been to it by snowmachin I hear there is a trail is it well marks adn what is it mark with I know it sounds kinda of stupid but I just want to be safe my first time out, is the trail in good condition thanks for any information chris
    Is it opening day of duck season yet
    Member of Alaska Waterfowl Association

They had the N,L, 300 dog race out that way this weekend, Was well marked to scary tree that is far as my report would go. but trail was hard and fast and cold this last weekend, There was also some snowmachine race too,So at the moment if it dosen,t snow i would think pretty good trail up the Yentna,

Quote Originally Posted by skybust View Post
    I have a cabin on fish lake creeks just above lake creek and ive never been to it by snowmachin I hear there is a trail is it well marks adn what is it mark with I know it sounds kinda of stupid but I just want to be safe my first time out, is the trail in good condition thanks for any information chris
    I was out to my Cabin, above the Yentna Station, last weekend. Trail was well marked most all the way. There was a couple spots on the Yentna in long straight-aways where the stakes had probably been knocked down by some person of lesser intelligence. The trail is pretty bumpy this year. FYI. Trails are marked with stakes (lathes) usually painted red on top, and usually has a piece of reflective materieal on it so your headlights pick it up. For the most part you want to follow the stakes with LSDA written on them and maybe painted green on top. There will be other stakes along the same basic path, usually in support of a dog race. When you come upon a couple stakes making an X That is a CAUTION sign. Could be marking anything from a tree stump to open water, a drop off, etc..

Thanks guys lots of great information Chris
    Is it opening day of duck season yet
    Member of Alaska Waterfowl Association