Thread: Boy Scouts...

Default Boy Scouts...

Any of you know or have any local boy scouts in South Central area. I don't know who brought it up but Saturday somebody mentioned that wildlife enhancement would be a excellent BSA merit badge project. If we could get a troop of scouts helping us drag the brush, the job would go a lot faster. Those kids have such energy. I would think also they have a merit badge for camp cooking, maybe if we supplied the hamburgers and beans, they could set up a stove and do lunch also. In addition, next time I plan on haveing a couple propane heaters out there and I did talk with Doug and a warming fire would be no problem. Hopefully we will get a long range forecast that predicts a bit higher temps and we can get the other side done in a few weeks. Let me know any contacts you may have in scouting. Thanks again for a great job. Bud
    Wasilla

Give me all the information dates and times and I will pass it on to my sons scout leader. Chris
    Is it opening day of duck season yet
    Member of Alaska Waterfowl Association

think i may have screwed up and deleated the reply to your post. we had too many saws and not enough draggers on saturday. as the saws broke down, we had more to drag the trees. small trees and generlly cut into 6-10 ft sections, not really bad work, just cold and lots and lots of small trees. see photos on AWA website under projects. 200-300 yd walk off glenn. don't have date planned, most likely what ever works for the scouts would be fine. feel free to call if you have questions or pass onto scout leader. Bud 373 6208 cell 240 4090
    Wasilla