Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 1 Day Proxy elk hunt ?

Default 1 Day Proxy elk hunt ?

Ok so where does one do a 1 day elk hunt in a T-Shirt on a proxy? Did anyone catch the last Wild West Alaska show? If that was true and any fat slob can hunt elk without a sweat there would be no elk left I did not see this posted anywhere so if it is please point me in the link direction.
    PEOPLE SAY I HAVE A.D.D I DON'T UNDERSTA.....OH LOOK A MOOSE !!!

In case you were unaware, not every thing you see on TV is true

But any proxy hunt could be done in one day if you were lucky or edited the footage provided you followed the rules about not hunting the same day you flew. Entertaining shows on TV are not necessary (nor do they have to be) 100% accurate as far as content.

Saw that too. Can't you buy an elk up by Delta? Bet that was where they went.
    Spending my kids' inheritance with them, one adventure at a time.

Anchorage Suburbanites, part time Willowbillies, Appleseeds, and Weekend Warrior Turquoise Miners!

Quote Originally Posted by Snowwolfe View Post
    In case you were unaware, not every thing you see on TV is true
    Maybe not the Tv, But the internet is true (RIGHT) LOL!!! I thought maybe that was the Delta pen, But why would you lie about a proxy when its a pay hunt?

Quote Originally Posted by Roger View Post
    Maybe not the Tv, But the internet is true (RIGHT) LOL!!! I thought maybe that was the Delta pen, But why would you lie about a proxy when its a pay hunt?
    Come on now. It's not very Wild West Alaska to shoot an Elk in a pen.

I found this on another site.

Spike/forks (600lbs) are $1500 each, raghorns (750lbs) $2500.

Open ranged animals, grass fed and healthy. Services provided to assist with skinning and gutting.

Contact Point Mackenzie Game Ranch/Del at (907) 841-3153 6am-8pm ONLY, please

Quote Originally Posted by AKHUNTINFOOL View Post

Open ranged animals, grass fed and healthy. Services provided to assist with skinning and gutting.

Yup, that's my guess where they went! By mtns in the background and how they area was laid out. Def no proxy hunt, but the Lesser 48ers don't know any difference and it's just TV! Still entertaining and proxy info was true, but otherwise I do believe all wild elk are draw hunts, they never mentioned that!

And I thought it was Alaska Interior Game Ranch run by Scott and Ruby there in Delta. But the scene where they flew into a water landing defintly looked like the float plane pond there by Anchorage....

And then having a full sized pick-up to take them right to the herd! Remote Elk hunt????

Chris

Quote Originally Posted by AKHUNTINFOOL View Post

I think that's where a buddy of mine killed one last year.....
    Sheep hunting...... the pain goes away, but the stupidity remains...!!!

Quote Originally Posted by akrstabout View Post
    ... but otherwise I do believe all wild elk are draw hunts, they never mentioned that!
    There are some registration tags to be had. There are also some areas (Kodiak and POW, I think) where it is wide open regulation-wise, but I'm pretty sure that's because there are no confirmed elk in those areas.

Quote Originally Posted by Brian M View Post
    There are some registration tags to be had. There are also some areas (Kodiak and POW, I think) where it is wide open regulation-wise, but I'm pretty sure that's because there are no confirmed elk in those areas.
    Good thinking, you're correct on the POW comment.

Proxy hunting for elk? Deer, caribou and moose are legal, but I didn't see anything in the regs showing that elk was legal. I guess if it's a ranch hunt that's one thing, but did they portray this as a wild animal hunt?

Quote Originally Posted by Jerod View Post

did they portray this as a wild animal hunt?
    Gene Moe called them and told them he needed them to take an elk on his proxy as he was to old hunt . I know it's all for tv but thats why some lower 48ers think there is wild game around every corner and hunting up here is easy. I get people on my tours every year saying "Where are all the animals we see on the Alaska tv shows"

Its soul selling for fifteen minuets of fame,nothing less nothing more.
    Now left only to be a turd in the forrest and the circle will be complete.Use me as I have used you

I think you can shoot an elk down on POW with a deer tag, They swim over from the planted herd on the mainland. They are very hard to find on the Island, and not many of them.

If you check out this video, I'm sure they were at Point Mackenzie Game Ranch. Only place that fits the video and logistics. I could see the fences in a few scenes.

http://www.wellcomemat.com/video/0BADC33DA2
    "I refuse to let the things I can't do stop me from doing the things I can"
    Founding Member
    http://www.residenthuntersofalaska.org/

Another joke of a show on Alaska. If they kept to gun smithing it would be okay.

Quote Originally Posted by stid2677 View Post
    If you check out this video, I'm sure they were at Point Mackenzie Game Ranch. Only place that fits the video and logistics. I could see the fences in a few scenes.

http://www.wellcomemat.com/video/0BADC33DA2
    Good find!! Now if they'd only accept a right nut or pinkie finger in trade....
    I am serious... and don't call me Shirley.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KM2K7sV-K74

Well, as a regular visitor to Alaska, anything about Alaska gets a look-see. We watch very little "regular" TV, so maybe its better than the X-Factor or something. However, anyone with the slightest knowledge of the regs figured that hunting storyline was hokey to begin with. Elk+Summer+Same day airborne+"tame" game = farm hunt. It's be like having a stranger go out in my pasture and shoot one of my cows. Once again, it is a show in Alaska, so if you were stuck in the lower 48 maybe helps one cope.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast