Thread: C&r ffl

Default C&r ffl

Wondering if anyone on here has gone through the process? I have the paperwork filled out but it says I need to give a copy to the chief of police or sheriff or an equivalent officer so since I live outside the Fairbanks borough would that be the State Troopers? Thanks for any help...............
    I once held the yardstick of anothers perfection, I threw it down and carved my own................

Quote Originally Posted by thunder chicken1 View Post
    Wondering if anyone on here has gone through the process? I have the paperwork filled out but it says I need to give a copy to the chief of police or sheriff or an equivalent officer so since I live outside the Fairbanks borough would that be the State Troopers? Thanks for any help...............
    Probably. I think it's intended to go to whoever has law enforcement jurisdiction in your area. I sent mine to Anchorage PD; they have a department with staff just for that purpose. I found a link to it after searching through many pages of their website. I bet AST has the same.

Quote Originally Posted by thunder chicken1 View Post

Got one. The copy to the chief LEO of your jurisdiction (in your case D Det. Commander) is just a universal BATFEces (ptooh) rule for all of the licenses they issue. The LE agency doesn't have to do anything with it nor can they disapprove it. It usually gets filed in an obscure drawer somewhere and is forgotten about. You only have to submit it once.
    Now what ?

You have to submit it every time your license expires (every few years). Never once gotten a phone call from the PD. It is a non-issue. C&R isn't worth much unless you like buying old mausers, makarovs, and revolvers, but it is fun to have.

Thats why I'm getting it as I like those old guns!! Plus you can get a dealer discount at some distributors including brownells and midway. Talked to the troopers this morning they said to bring it in to the office on Peger rd. and they will take care of it, thanks for everyones help......
    I once held the yardstick of anothers perfection, I threw it down and carved my own................

The $30 cost for the FFL easily payed off for me with the discounts I got from brownells, midway, Grafs(VERY good discounts), etc. Was going to try get an SKS but the inventory for reasonable priced ones has dried up since this AWB madness begin.

ya give it time once the assault weapon ban fails there will be lots of cheap ones again