Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: New rifle for me!

Default New rifle for me!

I got tired of beating up my 300wbmag ruger no1 so I bought a new savage 300WSM model 16 fcss. Today I mounted the new scope base and I'm waiting for my 4.5. X 14 40MM mark 4 Leupold to get here. The fall can't come any sooner.

Happy hunting my fellow AK'nsImageUploadedByTapatalk1359338115.370168.jpg

Longkj

You should really like that Savage, most accuarate gun I've ever owned.
    In 1492 Native Americans discovered Columbus lost at sea

If I come across as an arrogant, know-it-all jerk, it's because I am

OH MY GOD you have a beer by your gun!!!!!!!!

I hope it serves me well. All weapons deserve care and respect. I don't always drink while working with my guns, but when I do, I choose AK winter ale!

"You can trust me, I have gun!"

Longkj

Quote Originally Posted by alaskanap View Post
    The two don't go together. !!!!!

They do when you're a responsible individual and do everything in moderation. The picture is not of me boozing playing with a loaded rifle. It's just a coincidence that I enjoy two things at once.

I will say I'm guilty of of doing too much of both when I was young.

Some people struggle to understand that it it possible to drink in moderation. Anti gun folks feel owning a gun capable of killing people implies intent to kill people. Anti drinking people believe that having a beer implies intent to get drunk and stupid even though we know that most people suffer no ill effects from drinking a beer. There are many many things I would do on one drink that I would not do on 3.

Wow, this thread sure has jumped!

How many of you have had a beer or two and operated your boat? Quick beer after work then drive home?

Unbeleivable.

Nice rifle man, and winter ale is not my favorite, but White and the new black IPA sure are.
    In 1492 Native Americans discovered Columbus lost at sea

If I come across as an arrogant, know-it-all jerk, it's because I am

I was being sarcastic. Nice rifle also.

I was being sarcastic. Nice rifle also.
    Says the bar owner next door to me.Quiet tonight
    Now left only to be a turd in the forrest and the circle will be complete.Use me as I have used you

It's just for size reference

I have the same gun in 338, great gun, accurate, nice trigger, functions well in all kinds of weather. AND, as you indicated, you won't feel bad beating it up a little bit, it's a good tool.

As to a beer and a rifle on the table, since I personally never ever ever ever ever ever (did I mention ever) have a loaded gun in the house (baseball bats do just fine for home protection for me) I could clean or tinker on one smashed out of my gourd and it would be no more dangerous than sweeping the floor.....probably less because I'd be seated.

Those who do not imbibe in moderation will indeed never understand. I used to work for a guy who had two modes......sober as a nun for months (or years), then go out to party and puke outside the truck window on a Friday night.....then long months of complete sobriety. Yet, he looked at me funny because I had a beer or two most nights. hmmmmmm.

sweet rifle! i just got one in 30-06. Ironically i also have a leupold mk4 i was thinking of putting on, but i bought one of those budget zeiss conquest and want to give it a shot. i have the scope mounted and its ready to go zero. im curious to see how well your gun shoots.

Haha yeah Will it is for sure the winter slump.

Funny I was just looking at that same model last night while sipping on a Amber.(at home) Looking at a smaller cal as I already have all large magnums I can handle. If you dont mind my asking were did you find the best price on that Savage? Im looking for a .270 or .243. They look like a good bang for the buck have fun with it!

Man - reading this thread makes me want to pop open a winter and boresite my brand new .270WSM in xbolt........maybe after I load some rounds for it.............O-)

I picked the weapon from budsgunshop.com I just use boondocks in ER for an FFL and it works great. I also get a discount from leupold so setting a rifle up like this wont set me back too far. ImageUploadedByTapatalk1359510594.244879.jpg

I put the 4.5 x 14 mark 4 on last night!

That's a sweet rifle! I'm really thinking about a Savage, seems like the customization options are endless, and I understand the accuracy's nothing to sniff at....( I usually have High Life or PBR on my bench, but I'm going for quantity, not quality)
    " Gas boats are bad enough, autos are an invention of the devil, and airplanes are worse." ~Allen Hasselborg

Post some pics of the first target!

I don't drink, but if I did, it would be Grand Marnier!
    Great spirits have always found violent opposition from mediocre minds. The latter cannot understand it when a man does not thoughtlessly submit to hereditary prejudices but honestly and courageously uses his intelligence. Albert Einstein

Better living through chemistry (I'm a chemist)

You can piddle with the puppies, or run with the wolves...

Quote Originally Posted by Longkj View Post
    I got tired of beating up my 300wbmag ruger no1 so I bought a new savage 300WSM model 16 fcss. Today I mounted the new scope base and I'm waiting for my 4.5. X 14 40MM mark 4 Leupold to get here. The fall can't come any sooner.

Happy hunting my fellow AK'nsImageUploadedByTapatalk1359338115.370168.jpg

Longkj
    Nice! I have owned two savages and they are great shooters right out of the box..

Trying to decide on what kind of ammo I'm going to use. So far I have about 45 rds is 180 gr federals I'm going to use to break her in, after that its kind of up in the air on what she like to fire best. Any suggestions?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast