Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Thread: How would you Urgently Exit Anchorage Bowl.......????

Default How would you Urgently Exit Anchorage Bowl.......????

If for any reason you and most everyone in the Greater Anchorage Area.......needed to exit the area urgently, How would you do that, what direction would you go, and what problems are you expecting....???? Where would you go........???

That would all depend upon from which direction the Zombies where approaching....
    “Life has become immeasurably better since I have been forced to stop taking it seriously.” ― H.S.T.
    "Character is how you treat those who can do nothing for you."

Areas of spenard and mtn view is where the zombies would come from...

I can't help but picture the entire swarming mass of humanity from Wasilla southward, rushing en masse with great frenzied determination toward the sea...

(Would the last person out please turn off your light pollution?)
    ...he who knows nothing is nearer to truth than he whose mind is filled with falsehoods & errors. ~Thomas Jefferson
    I would rather have a mind opened by wonder than one closed by belief. ~Gerry Spence
    The last thing Alaska needs is another bigot. ~member Catch It
    #Resist

There was a time (Maybe not now, don't know) that missiles at the Anchorage airport contained bad stuff. Think of a false flag ship entering the port with a gift from North Korea. Or a train crash with toxic chemicals spilled.

Saw the trailer for world war z. Holy cow what a nightmare fast aggressive smart zombies. Give me slow slogging stupid zombies please.
    Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming-----WOW-----what a ride!
    Unknown author

This is funny AGL4now, just now realize all his guns are in Anchorage and he is afraid. LOL

PLEASE NOTE: For "Personal SECURITY" Reasons All but TWO of my firearms are stored in Anchorage.
    PLEASE NOTE: For "Personal SECURITY" Reasons All but TWO of my firearms are stored in Anchorage.

Alaska - I wasn't born here, but I got here as soon as I could!

Quote Originally Posted by AGL4now View Post
    If for any reason you and most everyone in the Greater Anchorage Area.......needed to exit the area urgently, How would you do that, what direction would you go, and what problems are you expecting....???? Where would you go........???
    I can't think of a realistic scenario which would require the evacuation of the Greater Anchorage Area (whatever that is). Probably just as well, since it isn't possible. Gridlock would instantly shut down the highways, and there is no destination capable of supporting the population anyways although I understand there are a number of caches of supplies around the Hope area!

Quote Originally Posted by MacGyver View Post
    This is funny AGL4now, just now realize all his guns are in Anchorage and he is afraid. LOL

Not sure what your point is....please elaborate on your thinking......Please.

Quote Originally Posted by Frostbitten View Post

although I understand there are a number of caches of supplies around the Hope area!

There are caches of supplies everywhere. Not just around Hope.

There IS no way out.....it's the Brazilian nightclub of Alaska
    "– Gas boats are bad enough, autos are an invention of the devil, and airplanes are worse." ~Allen Hasselborg

Quote Originally Posted by cdubbin View Post
    There IS no way out.....it's the Brazilian nightclub of Alaska
    Yes, I fear you are correct.

If the roads were basically shut down, I'd hop on an ATV and get my family to the Birchwood Airport via side roads and dirt trails. I would then fly us out to someplace beyond the reach of whatever catastrophe necessitated evacuation. As for Anchorage itself, the same could be done - ATV via the Bulldog trail out towards Eagle River.

atv, snowmachine, airplane, (train possibly??), ski, walk, boat, etc....
    Lots of ways to leave town.
    BK

It is interesting that most residents never give this any thought. If it was an earthquake the road south would be blocked by rock slides, and those funny chainlink fencing gravel retainers coming loose. If you could not get out, would you go to the Military Base and beg. I don't have an answer, I just know that the sea of humanity frightens me when I go to town for supplies.

It is interesting that most residents never give this any thought. If it was an earthquake the road south would be blocked by rock slides, and those funny chainlink fencing gravel retainers coming loose. If you could not get out, would you go to the Military Base and beg. I don't have an answer, I just know that the sea of humanity frightens me when I go to town for supplies.
    Not to mention all the KP residents knocking out as many bridges as possible.

(I kid, I kid)
    ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Prevention is the best medicine.... I live in Fairbanks
    A gun is like a parachute. If you need one, and don’t have one, you’ll probably never need one again

Quote Originally Posted by Snyd View Post
    Prevention is the best medicine.... I live in Fairbanks
    Don't go given em any ideas, Perry. This place has been too Anchorafornicated already.

(And with that I should hasten to ad it was -60 here this morning.)
    ...he who knows nothing is nearer to truth than he whose mind is filled with falsehoods & errors. ~Thomas Jefferson
    I would rather have a mind opened by wonder than one closed by belief. ~Gerry Spence
    The last thing Alaska needs is another bigot. ~member Catch It
    #Resist

Alaska - I wasn't born here, but I got here as soon as I could!

Why would one need to leave anchorage just because of an earthquake?

Quote Originally Posted by Frostbitten View Post
    Why would one need to leave anchorage just because of an earthquake?
    Maybe the Port of Anchorage was destroyed in the earthquake. Maybe with only three days of food on the store shelves, people start roiting and looting. Maybe the fuel storage tanks at the port are ruptured in the quake that destroys the Port. And hundreds and hundreds of thousands of gallons of fuel is ignited and the toxic cloud from the fumes and smoke is killing people and there is no visibility to drive or walk.

The point is NOT what......the point is to get the very few who have never considered this, to fabricate a plan for the well being of their family. We live in a world where people expect that the government will save them.......It is just a thinking game. (Till it is NOT a game, and it is real).

Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast