Thread: Started Dreaming

Default Started Dreaming

Can't believe it...had my second recent dream about fishing the Copper last night. Dreamt I was at Salmon Pt. and the river as far as you could see was flat calm. Fish were breaking the surface like trout. Even caught one in my sleep. Need a psych eval.

No psych eval needed. I too have had visions of that first bright chrome Red dancing on the end of my line at the Klutina River.

Quote Originally Posted by AlcanRon View Post
    No psych eval needed. I too have had visions of that first bright chrome Red dancing on the end of
    line at the Klutina River.
    Here is the real issue.

I dunno. Had another dream night before last of trying to dipnet behind a trawler that was catching and keeping only kings.

Quote Originally Posted by AlcanRon View Post
    Here is the real issue.
    I
    I tried to give you Rep. But it says I have to spread it around....So Rain check on that lol.There isn't anything wrong with having dreams like that,It simply means you're going through Withdrawals and need your "Fish"

It is a most active illness this time of year for sure... "fishon"
    "Fisherman for Life" and "Phantom owner Forever"

Still dealing with stuff in my sleep. This morning I dreamt that 5 fish were on the Miles Lake sonar count page. Just checked it and there are still zero...

News Flash...12 fish in the Copper River

Quote Originally Posted by Reel Bob View Post
    News Flash...12 fish in the Copper River
    Kinda glad I decided early on to hit it much later in the summer than I have in the past. That makes me sound smart, but the only thing driving that decision was my work schedule.....

Know a group that will be on a wheel starting 1-7 June because thats there slot... I'll post up info after there return...there expexting nothing

I talked to F&G in Glennallen again today. Things aren't looking good for early PU and subsistence fishing. The hot weather and late spring has the river, according to them, higher than they've seen in years. Fish wheels are catching nothing if they are in the water. Most aren't because it's unfishable. The numbers are late and low at the counter, so the opener may well be delayed for PU fishing. I wouldn't make any firm plans at this point.

Forgot to mention that there have been no fish caught in the study wheels below the canyon, too. Just sounds pretty miserable for fishing out there right now.

No Coho, the fishing is great...it's the catching, that and will suck for awhile

Fair enough. It is probably very nice out there right now, which makes for some good fishin' ....

In-river count is still almost non-existent, but the commercial fleet continues to slay them. I think F&G needs to put a cork on the commercial fishing until the fish start to enter the river. I think they are just schooling up in the salt waiting for the conditions to be right, which makes them easy picking for the commercial guys. Last opener they nearly tripled the anticipated take again.

Quote Originally Posted by Reel Bob View Post
    Know a group that will be on a wheel starting 1-7 June because thats there slot... I'll post up info after there return...there expexting nothing
    My Guy just told me there one of the casuties of war...Fishwheel Gone

Makes me wonder about our friend's wheel (or the one they have a share of, anyway). I don't think they usually put it in the water until a little later in the season. They are upriver by the Chitina airport and water levels have to be right for it to work.