Thread: Kifaru Duplex DT1 vs Bikini Highcamp

Default Kifaru Duplex DT1 vs Bikini Highcamp

Highcamp weight 4.8

Dt1 framed on Duplex 7.7

Interested to see of anyone local has either of these packs that I can check out.
    We do not go to the green woods and crystal waters to rough it, we go to smooth it. We get it rough enough at home; in towns and cities; in shops, offices, stores, banks anywhere that we may be placed

Unless Luke or Becca brought one back from SHOT there probably is not one up here yet. With a lead time out to April for bikini/HC orders that were made this month, it might be a while till one shows up.

I have the DT1 if you'd like to check it out.

PM Luke, I know he has a Timberline and when we spoke the other day he said he has a Highcamp and Bikini on the way, not sure if he has it yet. My new Timberline in Krytek 6lbs. 4oz. will be here on the 30th. I really like Kifaru gear, great folks and customer service second to none.

Steve
    "I refuse to let the things I can't do stop me from doing the things I can"
    Founding Member
    http://www.residenthuntersofalaska.org/

AK-T- thanks a bunch. Appreciate it!

Steve- good stuff! I knew Luke had some eyes on but getting one in the mail is even better.
    We do not go to the green woods and crystal waters to rough it, we go to smooth it. We get it rough enough at home; in towns and cities; in shops, offices, stores, banks anywhere that we may be placed

TWB,

Hard to say which to suggest at this point. I do have a Bikini/Highcamp on order to compare to my Duplex Frame I have with a Rondy 8500 cu in bag I have on the duplex. Really if you do with composite stays in the Duplex frame the DT1 bag and duplex frame will be right at or just under 7 pounds. If you like to pockets of the DT1 bag and the bikini frame then you are looking at just over 5 pounds. Lots of different options and ways to find what suits you.

I have a hard time suggesting anything until I have atleast packed some animals out in them. I have packed quite a few with the Duplex last year alone, if the Bikini is up to what the Duplex can do its a no brainer. That said I'm keeping my Duplex for moose quarter hauling for sure. I can certainly give you a holler to see it in person when mine arrives (which according to my slip should be Mid-April at this point).

Man if I wait for a hands on I won't have it til seasons over. I want time to train with a load prior to.

I don't "need" a bunch of of pockets though a lower access would be nice and a pokey for a spotter.

Lighter, durable and fit are my top 3.

BTW I have a Barney's for heavy haulin with the mooses. This will be specifically for fly in sheep/goats.

Really leaning towards the Bikini/Highcamp with fingers crossed.

I have a G2 bag with the duplex frame and a KU5200, the KU is a bag only no pockets. I ordered a Timberline for my sheep hunt this year, with the slots for a spotter and bottom access it is my choice for a mountain bag.

Just saying
    Founding Member

Steve what made you decide on the duplex over the bikini frame?

Quote Originally Posted by TWB View Post
    Steve what made you decide on the duplex over the bikini frame?
    I bought my G2 Bag and Duplex frame several years ago. I do like being able to use just the duplex frame for hauling large quarters. However on sheep and goat hunts I never use it that way and I like a few pocket on my pack. I also like the spotter sleeve on the Timberline to be able to quickly get my spotter out and back in. The lower access is nice to get into the bottom of the bag without having to dump your pack every time I need something from the bottom. By the time you add a few add ons for your spotter and possibles you loose any weight saving of a striped bag. JMHO YMMV
    Founding Member

Great points. Thanks a bunch.