Thread: 33.5 inch pike today Big Lake

Default 33.5 inch pike today Big Lake

Fished Big Lake by the mouth of Fish Creek and buddy happened to pull in a nice 33.5 pike. Caught a smaller 24incher jigging but that wasn't picture worthy. Only saw one burbot at night with camera and some char in the morning. Fishing in about 10 ft. using tip ups for the big pike. Don't know if pic will work but imagine a pike 33.5 in length.

image.jpeg

Pic didn't work, but sounds like a nice fish!
    Some people call it sky busting... I call it optimism
    "Swans are a gift" -DucksandDogs
    I am a shoveler's worst nightmare!

Trying to get a pic on there but don't know how this Mac works yet sorry. Friend took pic with his Iphone and sent to my Email to download.

i got the same results on that pic, it didnt show up. you mind reposting it? id love to see that bad boy. im planning a trip next weekend for sure, not sure where yet, work pretty much took over this weekend for me

Quote Originally Posted by LIVIN907 View Post
    Fished Big Lake by the mouth of Fish Creek and buddy happened to pull in a nice 33.5 pike. Caught a smaller 24incher jigging but that wasn't picture worthy. Only saw one burbot at night with camera and some char in the morning. Fishing in about 10 ft. using tip ups for the big pike. Don't know if pic will work but imagine a pike 33.5 in length.

image.jpeg
    Not trying to steal your thunder, but I thought I'd throw out my best for the year so far at 37"...Not the best pic but the best I have. I love chasing pike!

Nice!! Looks like you had a great day. Some of those pike look to be little fatties. What lake? I see you have an otter sled with snowmachine in the background.

Livin907, first thanks for the info you have shared. We are heading to Big Lake today for the first time. Did you drop of your machine at the Big Lake South Wayside? How thick was the ice near Fish Creek? Not asking for secrets but any basic Big Lake info you're willing to share? Promise I'll post our results in return.

Only fishing we've done this year has been on JBER. Slayed stock rainbows and chinook on Green Lake. Teardrop jigs 2 - 4 feet beneath ice. No bait necessary. Kids had a blast.

You can drive to anywhere on the lake. I have a snowmachine also but use it for the big trips. Nancy Lake can be pretty slow for kids I recommend a portable DVD player if you don't already have one. I plan on being out on Big Lake today around noonish and fish until 8-9 tonight if you see a silver and black GMC pickup with big black bumpers come on over.

Do you get tv reception in your pop up for the game??
    "f/64 and be there"

I must say guys, I'm extremity envious!
    Very nice catches!