Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Remington's Website

Default Remington's Website

I have been trying to get to their website for the last 2 days and keep getting the ol "Problem Loading Page" error. Does anyone else have this problem?

Appears to be down, i can't get on it either.

Yes, I think that they are very busy, packing up, to move out of the Great State of New York......

I do wonder what they are going to do. It has to be a difficult decision to pull out of a community that you have been part of for 200 years. The folks in Illion, I am sure, depend on Remington to keep the doors and open and were against Cumo's ludicrous ban. On the other hand, we own a small business and if our local community passed laws hostile to our product line we would seriously considering moving out. I would say if they stay it's out of the relationship they have with Illion since they could drop down into PA and setup shop in Scranton or another smaller town for the same cost as Illion I'm sure

Quote Originally Posted by limon32 View Post
    Appears to be down, i can't get on it either.
    Thanks Limon, wanted to make sure it wasn't something in my settings that changed.

Tell me, how does the NY ban on semi-autos with more than 7 round magazines hurt Remington? They only make ONE firearm in that classification.

Quote Originally Posted by dvarmit View Post
    I do wonder what they are going to do. It has to be a difficult decision to pull out of a community that you have been part of for 200 years. The folks in Illion, I am sure, depend on Remington to keep the doors and open and were against Cumo's ludicrous ban. On the other hand, we own a small business and if our local community passed laws hostile to our product line we would seriously considering moving out. I would say if they stay it's out of the relationship they have with Illion since they could drop down into PA and setup shop in Scranton or another smaller town for the same cost as Illion I'm sure

Quote Originally Posted by FL2AK-Old Town View Post
    Tell me, how does the NY ban on semi-autos with more than 7 round magazines hurt Remington? They only make ONE firearm in that classification.
    IF they do in fact move (just speculation right now since the post was about the website being down), they are probably tired of being behind enemy lines.

Quote Originally Posted by FL2AK-Old Town View Post
    The fact that the company is for sale is undoubtedly more of a concern to them at this point.
    ...he who knows nothing is nearer to truth than he whose mind is filled with falsehoods & errors. ~Thomas Jefferson
    I would rather have a mind opened by wonder than one closed by belief. ~Gerry Spence
    The last thing Alaska needs is another bigot. ~member Catch It
    #Resist

If they move (and I think they will) it would likely be to Texas or Arizona, AZ has more firearms manufactures (loads of job shops) than any other state and Texas has an extremely business friendly tax environment.

FL2AK the big brick Remington building in Ilion NY produces many brands including Bushmaster, over half their production is of banned rifles in NY. I think they could stay and just sell outside NY but it would be costly to comply with the laws and itís already extremely to do business in NY. So you can now expect the entire town of Ilion to go under from this gun ban, when Remington takes the 1000 jobs away the little town is dead!
    Andy
    On the web= C-lazy-F.co
    Email= Andy@C-lazy-F.co
    Call/Text 602-315-2406
    Phoenix Arizona

Quote Originally Posted by Matt View Post
    IF they do in fact move (just speculation right now since the post was about the website being down), they are probably tired of being behind enemy lines.
    That's my feeling as well. Imagine paying taxes to a state that bans products from your industry and paints you out to be a villain.

miilions of people are probably trying to get on it too looking at potential guns to buy- server overload

http://www.remington.com/ seems to be working fine now.
    ...he who knows nothing is nearer to truth than he whose mind is filled with falsehoods & errors. ~Thomas Jefferson
    I would rather have a mind opened by wonder than one closed by belief. ~Gerry Spence
    The last thing Alaska needs is another bigot. ~member Catch It
    #Resist

Quote Originally Posted by metze View Post
    miilions of people are probably trying to get on it too looking at potential guns to buy- server overload
    It's backup now. I was on it a couple of times over the last week or so.. Not sure what happened but we are back in business.

Quote Originally Posted by ADfields View Post
    If they move (and I think they will) it would likely be to Texas or Arizona, AZ has more firearms manufactures (loads of job shops) than any other state and Texas has an extremely business friendly tax environment.

FL2AK the big brick Remington building in Ilion NY produces many brands including Bushmaster, over half their production is of banned rifles in NY. I think they could stay and just sell outside NY but it would be costly to comply with the laws and itís already extremely to do business in NY. So you can now expect the entire town of Ilion to go under from this gun ban, when Remington takes the 1000 jobs away the little town is dead!
    Some one should invite them to Alaska !!!!

Dear Remington, Please move to Arizona and join other companies like Ruger, PSE, McMillan, Timney, Gunsite etc.

Quote Originally Posted by PRDATR View Post
    Dear Remington, Please move to Arizona and join other companies like Ruger, PSE, McMillan, Timney, Gunsite etc.
    LOL !!!

Quote Originally Posted by fnsakdel View Post
    Yes, someone official from the state!
    Andy
    On the web= C-lazy-F.co
    Email= Andy@C-lazy-F.co
    Call/Text 602-315-2406
    Phoenix Arizona

Looks like another "Wal-Mart special" from these guys; wonder how it'll do..... http://www.remington.com/products/fi...model-783.aspx
    "Ė Gas boats are bad enough, autos are an invention of the devil, and airplanes are worse." ~Allen Hasselborg

Take that money they steal from the Oil companies and give to the Hollywood groups that
    hates us and give it to Gun Companies that actual make things and create real lifetime jobs.

Del

Quote Originally Posted by ADfields View Post

There's an oxymoron for you, a gun manufacturer producing guns in a state that passed a law to declare them illegal. I'm not even sure how that would work. I guess since they are the manufacturer and are not a citizen in possession the law doesn't apply.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast