Thread: Eureka to Black River

Default Eureka to Black River

Looking for information on getting to the Black River from Eureka via ATV. I'm set up with a Can-Am XMR, snorkels and 30" tires, a snorkled Ranger will most likely be with me. I've got multiple maps but cannot find anything with trails named or marked, anyone have any maps with the trails marked out? I've done a bit of research here and elsewhere but have not found anything other than don't try to cross the Black with an ATV. Any way to head upstream of the crossing or access the area upstream? I appreciate any information.

Quote Originally Posted by Fishkill View Post
    Looking for information on getting to the Black River from Eureka via ATV. I'm set up with a Can-Am XMR, snorkels and 30" tires, a snorkled Ranger will most likely be with me. I've got multiple maps but cannot find anything with trails named or marked, anyone have any maps with the trails marked out? I've done a bit of research here and elsewhere but have not found anything other than don't try to cross the Black with an ATV. Any way to head upstream of the crossing or access the area upstream? I appreciate any information.
    Start with forum member Brwnbr.... He had a guiding outfit in that region

Release Lake Trout

It's doable you are right the trail is not marked. With your rig you will have to go when water levels are low. You can cross the black if you do some research and know where. Did you put in for dm131?

Wow, so little information out there has turned this into an obsession.

BAR, tried to PM you but your box is full.

Working on the mailbox. In the meantime look up some jeep/ 4x4 forums there is some good info there.