Thread: Where to plink around Palmer?

Default Where to plink around Palmer?

Where can i take my family around Palmer to plink with out paying $150 in fees?

A trooper friend said its ok to shoot on the knik side of friday creek. I shoot 22's out there all the time and never have a problem. I find a hill and shoot into it. I was also told that you still can shoot over off of maude road, but i have not been there so i cant say for sure. It is pretty crazy that this is such a huge state with so few people and there is ver few places to shoot close.

Yeah you can still shoot out at the Maude road extension. I don't think that the road is kept plowed though so I don't know if the road is all ice or packed with snow now.

Quote Originally Posted by walssj View Post
    Where can i take my family around Palmer to plink with out paying $150 in fees?

u can shoot off old knik bridge down river side, just drive past the wooded area some to where the river bed opens up
    Semper Fi!

Default Where to plink around Palmer?

There is a public range up Maude rd past the first lake access ramp.

The area is within the knik public use area and all target shooting other than at the range up Maude is not allowed. The place historically was known as a litter filled war zone so now it's heavily restricted.