Thread: Yellow Cedar?

Default Yellow Cedar?

I'm not sure which forum to ask this but does anyone know where I could find yellow cedar for building cabinets or small outodoors food pantries up the Mat-Valley/Anch area?
    Ask not what your government can do for you. Ask how your government can go away and get out of your life

I've never seen any in stock, but Hardware Specialties in ANC or Reynold's in Palmer might be able to special order it.
    " Gas boats are bad enough, autos are an invention of the devil, and airplanes are worse." ~Allen Hasselborg

AYC is wicked at repelling insects, mold/fungus and bacteria. It's got a direct burial rating that meets or exceeds pressure treated lumber. It's being gobbled up in steamy Asia because it repels everything, including a very tough termite.

The leaves contain extremely high levels of Thujone, the active ingredient in Absinthe, the banned liquor. Thujone is a hallucinogenic drug that is physically addictive -- and n illegal.

Local Natives think it makes you aggressive and insane, they won't build houses with it.

I had a guy from the southeast mailed me some once. Very beautiful wood. If you get a hold of any be careful of the dust like no other wood.
    After just a few cuts it tasted like I had been drinking turpentine. Hard to find and its very $$$

Yeah, thats why I'm trying to find some. I'm building a small outdoor food pantry for my cabin in the Juneau area.
    Ask not what your government can do for you. Ask how your government can go away and get out of your life

Default Yellow Cedar?

There was a small mill over in Hoonah that had yellow siding and lumber. Using the ferry would make that an easy haul.

I know you are looking at the Mat-Su area, but thought I'd give you this location in Ketchikan.

Good luck.

www.akforestenterprises.com/