Thread: Moose sheds

Default Moose sheds

What a great day it turned out to be. Just getting over a nasty cold and no work so I went out on the snowshoes for my evening hike. I saw over thirty moose, several were nice young bulls, something you didn't see much of before the reg changes in unit 15c. I also saw one collared cow. As a nice bonus the warm temps and minimal snow cover make it great for hunting sheds, something I normally can't do untill spring before green up. Found two small ones right on the trail!

I know it's hard to tell for sure from a pic like this, but it sure looks like the lower shed sure is heavy for such a small size. May end up having quite some mass to him when he grows up.....
    Sheep hunting...... the pain goes away, but the stupidity remains...!!!

Default Moose sheds

It was a hefty antler for his age. I got a nice 43" bull in the area a few years back, not huge but lots of mass to him. I've seen a few others like that around as well. Must be some good moose genes in this area. Hunting sheds is a great way to see what was out there during moose season that I wasn't seeing at the time.

Nice find.

Default Moose sheds

Nice finds Are you looking to sell those small ones? I am in the market for small moose sheds for making crafts. I can't send you a pm?

Nice find! I was looking this weekend but the only ones I found were still attached to young bulls.

Default Moose sheds

I am still seeing a few with their antlers as well. The five inches of snow we just got was a bit of disappointing in a way. They will have to be larger antlers to find them now, I've been looking for one bull in particular though. He was 45-50 inch range when I last saw him....same night I saw the wolves....haven't seen him since. I keep hoping though.
    I think I'll hold on to these particular ones. I gave the smaller one to my little girl and the larger one is going to be a door handle for my chicken coop, lol. I even have an antler TP holder in my outhouse! So useful!
    I can't seem to get my PM to work for now, but if I find anymore ill post on here .