Thread: Who is still planning on working on the hayflats??

Default Who is still planning on working on the hayflats??

I have some people questioning if the work party is still on for this saturday or cancelled because they are calling for a high of 9 degrees that day. If you have committed to work that day, and are changing your mind due to the weather, please send me a pm. Biggest problem I see is that if we do reschedule it, there may be way more snowfall, and I think the work will be easier with just a little snow as we have now and the colder temp then if we had 2 ft of snow to fight out there. I'll be watching for your pm's. Thanks, Bud
    Wasilla

Bud

I don't know what this snow is going to do to visibility and parking along the road. Have we thought of some flares or cones to set out to alert traffic if the problem is present? Duckdon
    Forgive me for being arrogant. I own 2 Drahthaar's.
    Tundramoor Drahthaar Kennel. Training Versatile Dogs because we hunt it all.
    Memeber of the Alaska Warterfowl Association.

If I had cones, I would put them out. I do have some red reflectors such as used by truckers that I will bring along. Dougs F&G truck will have a yellow flashing light, park past his truck to where his truck will be the first vehicle in the line of parked cars for safety and visability from traffic. Park as far off the highway as you can withoout getting stuck. Doug Hill of F&G was out there yesterday and walking was fine then. I only have about a inch on my front deck, don't think the snow will make much difference, surpose to stop snowing this morning and be clear for tomorrow. The work party is on as scheduled for tomorrow. Bring out some water or soda to hydrate yourself, I will bring out a soft cooler full of soda (no ice) bring a thermos of coffee or whatever you perfer and a sandwish or two, the ice will be slippery with this snow on top so if you have grippers bring them, however, if you don't its not a big problem. Most areas have swamp grass protruding though the ice which makes the footing more solid. The work won't be hard, but will keep us busy enough that the colder weather shouldn't be a problem. I know all you guys are tough and wouldn't let 10-15 degree weather keep you from hunting or snowmobiling, we HOPE TO SEE EVERYBODY OUT IN MASS TOMORROW AND GET THIS PROJECT DONE QUICKLY, no football on TV this weekend so don't use that excuse. See you in the morining, Doug and I will be there by 9am. Bud
    Wasilla

I am still planning on being there. I am not bringing the old tempermental homelite since there are already several other chain saws coming out. I'll spend the day with the loppers/hand saw and the sled to keep moving.

I have a quad cab tacoma and can take three people out. PM me if you want to meet up at the Muldoon Carrs and ride along.

The cold will be fine as long as the wind is not howling.

I've had good reports from people still coming out, see you all tomorrow. We need as many hands as we can get. Bud
    Wasilla

Default Who is still planning on working on the hayflats??

Might not be making it. Might be getting the flu or what ever has been hitting my friends and coworkers.

Great job working on the flats today. Gotta love the -16 degree starting temperature and in the end, it was a sizzling 2 degree's. Anyway, I enjoyed meeting new people, working together for a great cause, and at the same time giving back to our community. If any of you guys/gals who were out there would like some pictures, send me a pm with your email address. Thanks for the help today.

HEck! i knew i was forgetting something today! i was thinking it was tomarrow! i will try and make it next time. sorry AKBLKDOG
    Semper Fi!