Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Will we ever see SUB $999.-- AR-15's "NEW" Retail & Available..???

Default Will we ever see SUB $999.-- AR-15's "NEW" Retail & Available..???

Do you think in the furure "NEW" AR-15's (Bushmasters, Rock Rivers, Colts, etc.) in stock, in Anchorage for under one thousand dollars......????

Ok, I will take the hook and reply! I am optimistic in thinking that some day in the distant future, we will see things get back to normal without the inflated (read gouger) prices. Don't get me wrong, not complaining of guys trying to make a buck or two taking advantage of the current panic buying. That is just simple supply and demand I guess. I could sell several weapons I have at inflated prices, but think I will just hold on to what I have. Sure ain't going to get burned buying during these times on local forum deals like (Glock 33rd mags for $200 each, normally $35, Ruger Mini 14's for $1200-$1500, normally $750 new, or AR Pmags I was just buying 6 weeks ago for $13 locally that are going for $50!!) No Thanks.

Back on subject, if we weather the storm and do not see any new assault weapons ban, I am hoping for the best and that prices will return to somewhat normal though it will likely take some time. Bright side to all this is if we get back to normal, there will be a lot more weapons and accessories out there that should come back into the used market not to mention newly manufactured stuff. I hope my optimism is correct for the sake of my kids and grand kids some day. I guess time will tell. Now is an ideal time for a guy to buy revolvers, shotguns, bolt rifles I suppose.

A co-worker of mine said last friday his father in law was number 71 out of 100 to get an AR from a large retailer that got a shipment in of 100 guns. All were gone in about 2 hours, mostlty due to the time it took to fill out the forms. He said they were bushmasters - $1200,00 bucks ea, not sure which model or models. I think it won't slow down until mfg can get caught up with demand - maybe by late summer ???
    When asked what state I live in I say "The State of Confusion", better known as IL....

I expect $1,200.-- will be the floor price for basic AR-15 in about six to eight months. I doubt we will see sub $1,000.-- AR-15's again, new retail. I expect 21% to 34% annual inflation in less than four years.

They will go back down in price when all the hoarders stop paying all the crazy prices. Same thing that happened last time and the hoarders drove the price up. I know several people that bought alot of AR's last time and were planning on making alot of money off them but in the end could not hardly break even. AR's had dropped back down to $600 to $700 and could be bought cheaper on sales.

Before the bashing starts, yes I own a AR and have nothing against them are any other firearms. My .02 cents

Default Re: Will we ever see SUB $999.-- AR-15's "NEW" Retail & Available..???

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Tapatalk 2

Default Re: Will we ever see SUB $999.-- AR-15's "NEW" Retail & Available..???

I am guessing in next month or so we will see some screamin deals. Pretty soon folks are going to realize that the revolution has been pushed back and now the mortgage is passed due....

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Tapatalk 2

Based on current lack of stock on new components and the political climate, i'm guessing that manufacturers aren't ramping up real hard on stock in case they have to stope selling in two weeks, so i suspect if the political climate gets better manufacturing MAY catch up by late next fall. What do I win if i'm correct?

Yep, sad but true. Our country is going to be facing some very perilous times in the near future I think until we get the spending/debt problem under control. Inflation is bound to kick in at some point, then people will be selling horded up ammo and weapons for food and bill money. Sure hope I am wrong, but it is not looking good. Our economy keeps declining, full time jobs with benefits getting harder to find??? Very sad.

I think fewer folks care what they cost than what many think. Other than a couple LEO's in town I don't know anyone who has an AR,mini-14 and sks yes but not AR's. I didn't use the one issued in 66 and sure wouldn't spend my money on one. At least in 223 I feel its worthless as a SHF rifle.JMOFO
    Now left only to be a turd in the forrest and the circle will be complete.Use me as I have used you

Quote Originally Posted by Smokey View Post
    I think it won't slow down until mfg can get caught up with demand - maybe by late summer ???
    That there is the trick! I don’t see demand just falling off, it didn’t last time. People have been pushed off the fence into the market, new folks that were not buying at all before . . . I see this as a very good thing not a negative because they pad out our ranks. They rushed out and bought and now they are in the game so mush of their participation will be ongoing well into the future keeping demand high. Manufacturing was tuned to keep up with level “X” pre 08 and they cautiously ramped up to keep up with level “Y” post 08 but just, no extra expecting the bottom to fall out. Now we are at level “Z+” and I expect to fall back to “Z” as the new normal. Manufacturing will need to see the water is fine before they jump in and fully commit to investing in ramping up to sustain Z demand . . . till they do we will be in a seller’s market.

Now manufacturing has other problems too. A lot of it is based in blue states like NY that are making life extra difficult for them. Even the ones in say Texas are surely spooked by the threat of Federal laws. They must be fearing what will happen if they ramp up to make something they won’t be aloud to sell next month. Then on top of all that there is the very unstable economy and burden of excessive regulation and tax in this very business unfriendly political environment. So just how long before manufacturing gets caught up? Not very soon I bet!
    Andy
    On the web= C-lazy-F.co
    Email= Andy@C-lazy-F.co
    Call/Text 602-315-2406
    Phoenix Arizona

Actually, the last rush in 2008 did die down. AR prices jumped to nearly what they are now and settled back to less than $1000 for good Colts less than four months ago.

Now they've jumped again. If we win this legislative fight, AND there isn't another mass shooting for a couple years prices are going to plummet.

Sent from my iPhone on tapatalk
    Bunny Boots and Bearcats: Utility Sled Mayhem

I agree with you Doug. I will say that parts were still running low for the non big box manufacturers. Bolt carrier groups for instance have been in short supply for months. I suppose that was because the suppliers were busy filling big orders from DPMS, Remington, S&W, etc.

Unless I am underestimating the market potential for AR's, I see this rush to buy them will saturate the number of folks who want one (of which I am not in the ranks). It seems every guy or gal who ever thought about getting one now is doing it under pressure of the threat that they may go away. These are not cheap "toys" in the slightest, and feeding them may become prohibitively expensive if there is a change in legislation.

So, will they go down in price to pre craze prices......probably not. I do think they will come down substantially from now. Either way it doesn't affect my shooting budget as I don't have and don't want one. The underlying (or overwhelming) issue that brought up this rush on AR's however, does concern me, but that's for another thread.

I can remember during the late 70's I could sell all the S&W's, most Colts, and Some Ruger handguns to J&G Sales out of Prescott AZ for retail, or more, as the demand was that good and supplies that tight. J&G then marked them up more and sold them back to dealers - crazy....
    When asked what state I live in I say "The State of Confusion", better known as IL....

I keep hearing that manufactures are ramping up to put out as many units as possible before a possible ban is in place. Weapons built before the date of the ban going into affect would still be legal to sell. All others built on or after the date of the ban would have to comply with the new restrictions. Am I wrong in this thinking?
    Ignorance is not Bliss, it's insanity

Quote Originally Posted by alaskabliss View Post
    I keep hearing that manufactures are ramping up to put out as many units as possible before a possible ban is in place. Weapons built before the date of the ban going into affect would still be legal to sell. All others built on or after the date of the ban would have to comply with the new restrictions. Am I wrong in this thinking?
    Think Firearms Act 1934
    Now left only to be a turd in the forrest and the circle will be complete.Use me as I have used you

We don't want to drift very far into 2A or they will close this thread.

I suspect another influence will be the off and on perception of personal danger. Most of the current buying frinzy will slow, but there will be other social or international events that will accelerate buying.

Quote Originally Posted by AGL4now View Post
    Do you think in the furure "NEW" AR-15's (Bushmasters, Rock Rivers, Colts, etc.) in stock, in Anchorage for under one thousand dollars......????
    Had one this am so they are out there

Quote Originally Posted by Wildalaska View Post
    Had one this am so they are out there

We can assume that one was already in the pipeline..............What is your opinion......??? Do you comfortable that your COST will remain static for the next 12 months.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast