Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Winter Driveway Boating?

Default Winter Driveway Boating?

So, who else cranks up the ESPAR and surfs the Garmin for new fishing spots waiting for summer? I spent the afternoon with a cold beer and the radio cranked up while finding some new spots to try out this summer. This winter has been so bad that we cant ride sleds or ski but too bad to make many trips out of Homer (unless you live there). So jealous. Seriously thinking about making a slow drive down and keeping her on the spit for a while for winter kings. Come on SUMMER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    27' Wooldridge Super Sport Offshore Pilothouse PRIME TIME!
    Kodiak Custom Fishing Tackle Pro Staff
    Heavy Hitter Fishing Crew
    MMSI# 338232859

Guilty as charged. It is all in the name of maintenance. I was told that it is important to run my espar, wallas oven, and stove at least once per month, so I fill up a growler and do my part. At least that is what I tell my wife.

We were down in Homer for the long weekend and trailering would have been a breeze. The roads were great.
    Spending my kids' inheritance with them, one adventure at a time.

http://www.c-brats.com/modules.php?s...view_album.php

Most weekends I am out in the man cave running both the Wallas furnace and cook top stove, follow above link. Lots more to do...
    Jay
    07 C-Dory 25 Cruiser
    OurPlayground.

i thought all boat owners do that!

Breausaw, Nice way to document all the upgrades you have done. Sure is a nice mancave.
    MMSI# 338232859

The year I purchased my boat it wasn't until late fall that I was finally able to ship her up and by then we were only able to get out a couple of times before we put her to bed for the winter in the back yard. None of our trips that fall were overnighters. So in early December I told my wife that my lab and I just had to test out the new sleeping quarters. Don't know what the neighbors thought when we emerged from the boat the next morning but at least I didn't have to set the anchor watch....
    Ruby at the end of a good day.

Nice way to brake in a new boat.

I parked mine near the Douglas Harbor in late Oct.......poor thing sat there 100 yards from the water without getting wet til last weekend. Two weeks ago I couldn't take it, so I made the excuse that I needed to check the dehumidifier dealio....with a beer....and just sat in the captains chair, sipped a beer, had a cigar. Felt like I had a pair again.

Got it in the water Saturday, then Sunday....then Tuesday. Southeast got cool again when I splashed down....was a bit trying for the past two months otherwise for getting out in the Juneau area.

Charterboat Operator

HECK, I broke out all the king rods, set em in the holders, checked the net, and poured a baileys last weekend. Never saw anything on the fish finder but i knew i was close!! too bad i was still in the weather was not cooperating, i was still in the shop!

Glad to hear I am not the only one dreaming of open water and a full tank of gas. Today I found myself cranking up the heater, lying on my back on the floor of my Northriver putting in a new VHF.

Pole Bender, don't you keep your boat in Anchor Point? You should be on the water all the time right? :-)
    MMSI# 338232859

Dont have a ocean boat but cant wait to get the river boat out again.
    Is it opening day of duck season yet
    Member of Alaska Waterfowl Association

Charterboat Operator

Quote Originally Posted by robbentler View Post
    Pole Bender, don't you keep your boat in Anchor Point? You should be on the water all the time right? :-)
    been one of those winters!! went down last weekend with the intentions of going out, 6 hours blowing snow to clean the driveway, and the 6 foot waves that were out in cook inlet made me play in the shop with the boat.. soon!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by POLE BENDER View Post
    been one of those winters!! went down last weekend with the intentions of going out, 6 hours blowing snow to clean the driveway, and the 6 foot waves that were out in cook inlet made me play in the shop with the boat.. soon!!!!!
    K Bay was flat, flat, flat! No wind and the sun was out at least on Sunday and Monday. Cook Inlet looked rather sporty, though.

Charterboat Operator

Quote Originally Posted by spoiled one View Post
    K Bay was flat, flat, flat! No wind and the sun was out at least on Sunday and Monday. Cook Inlet looked rather sporty, though.
    i only had saturday to go fish, once i saw the cook, and what was happenin on the beach i forgot about fishin in a hurry, by 6pm it was snowing sideways. though Sun did look to be quite awsome, right about the time i was headed HOME! you should have hollered, could have run up and picked the boat up

i only had saturday to go fish, once i saw the cook, and what was happenin on the beach i forgot about fishin in a hurry, by 6pm it was snowing sideways. though Sun did look to be quite awsome, right about the time i was headed HOME! you should have hollered, could have run up and picked the boat up
    Sunday afternoon we spent hanging out at Bishop's Beach. It was like nice June day. It sure is nice to get down to the coast once in awhile over the winter. I know I can get the boat down my driveway, but I highly doubt I could back it back up during the winter.

Charterboat Operator

Quote Originally Posted by spoiled one View Post
    Sunday afternoon we spent hanging out at Bishop's Beach. It was like nice June day. It sure is nice to get down to the coast once in awhile over the winter. I know I can get the boat down my driveway, but I highly doubt I could back it back up during the winter.
    Got lots of driveway down there if you ever want to leave that monster for awhile, just sayin

Got lots of driveway down there if you ever want to leave that monster for awhile, just sayin
    Ha! Thanks for the offer.

Default Winter Driveway Boating?

I love my espar. In fact I think I might run some fuel through it this evening :-)
    ... aboard the 'Memory Maker' Making Memories one Wave at a Time!

Better to do this in the driveway than out on the Yukon.
    photo-9.JPG

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast