Thread: Are AR-15's selling on Alaska's List....??? Where are they selling.

Default Are AR-15's selling on Alaska's List....??? Where are they selling.

I just found three uppers and three lowers in the Anchorage Warehouse last week. I figure to have a friend take them to the Gun Shows next month. But, is Anchorage Daily News ad a good idea......? Is there a good place to consign firearms in Anchorage.

NOTE: I will NOT respond to PM's about these. And I am going to cancel the three listed on this forum. Based on this information, it is clear the buyers are not here at AOD forum.....http://forums.outdoorsdirectory.com/...R-15-THIS-Week

As far as I know they are selling. I'm always looking on AKList and some are a decent price while others are way over priced. I'm seeing a lot of $800.00 Walmart specials and then they're turning around and trying to sell them for upwards to $2500.00. There are some that have been on there for only a few hours and some that have been on there for awhile.

It seems like the guys here still want to pay reasonable prices. Not the inflated ones that you see for sale on 907bigboytoys or alaska's list...

Quote Originally Posted by ak_cowboy View Post
    It seems like the guys here still want to pay reasonable prices. Not the inflated ones that you see for sale on 907bigboytoys or alaska's list...

I agree. And I assume that they have not bought very many this week in the $800.00 range.

Ammo Can might have the best consignment deal going, as he has more EBRs than most gunshops. That being said, I'll buy one of your ARs right now if you're selling for $800.
    I may be slow, but I get where I'm going!

I think the guys around here are smart enough to not get gouged.

Quote Originally Posted by AaronP View Post
    I think the guys around here are smart enough to not get gouged.

So what would be a realistic NON-Gouging Price that you really.......really think you will see if you are will to wait for the price to drop.......Talking "New" at a retail store.......??

Quote Originally Posted by AGL4now View Post
    So what would be a realistic NON-Gouging Price that you really.......really think you will see if you are will to wait for the price to drop.......Talking "New" at a retail store.......??
    N/A. I don't think there will be any new at retail any time soon. What do you mean by "wait?". Are you talking 6 months, a year, 5 years?

I think somebody suggested "order and wait" rather than pay now. Can't recall who that may have been
    Death is like an old whore in a bar--I'll buy her a drink but I won't go upstairs with her.

I bought a dpms at sportys a couple weeks ago for 829... Only waited outside for an hour... One of five sold for under 1000...

How much is to much... 1300 plus for a plain jane dpms in my opinion...

but if somebody wants to spend 1500 for it "YOU CAN'T FIX STUPID"

Well my opinion is not worth alot here:
    But here goes. Yes the price gouging is running strong right now. I have always wanted a well set up AR, I just couldnt justify spending the $1000. Well here we are now. Possibility of them becoming extinct or so expensive I would consider them so. I had some fear in the back of my mind and decided to watch Gun Brokers like a hawk for about 5 days til I " Scored" a $1200 AR (2 months Ago) for the great price of $1650!
    So if I woulda just bought one a year ago for $1000 I would be $600 richer. If I wait it might go back down or it might become to expensive for me to ever consider owning one. i opted for the safe bet and currently over paid for one now. BTW, I seen the exact same AR I just bought go for $2400 MANY time over the last 2 weeks.

Quote Originally Posted by AGL4now View Post
    Well, sponsor WWG just listed a new S&W M&P model for $999. Complete rifle.

Guns can be advertised in the ADN for free if you do it through the website and go to free classifieds

Default AR sales

During the first Obama term people were gun grabbing and ammo hording for more or less personal use. This time around I am seeing that people bought guns and ammo to make a quick buck off of fellow firearm owners and that market is saturated with both right now at "I hope I catch some idiot with more money then sense with my get it while you can sales", during the first term a few weeks in I remember not seeing any AR or AK rifles locally and if listed on line gone with in a few hours or a few days if they were $1500+.

I have had a NIB Colt 6920 listed on AL for a week for $2,500 and have not had any bites which is fine, I don't really want/need to sell it anyway. I did sell one a couple of weeks ago for $1,900 and it sold in a matter of hours. alaskaslist is where the action is IMO.

Default Re: Are AR-15's selling on Alaska's List....??? Where are they selling.

I think that we will be looking at inflated prices for at least 6 months. Since the stores are all sold out the price is going to be what someone is willing to pay. I have a backorder placed to replace a dozen mags that I already sold for $50 each.
    "I'd rather be fishing!"

I am amazed that this thread has not been moved. It does not belong in the for sale or trade section since it is just gripping.
    Floatplane,Tailwheel and Firearms Instructor- Dragonfly Aero
    Experimental Hand-Loader, NRA Life Member
    http://site.dragonflyaero.com

That's it.

I'm selling my AR. Complete with Eotech optics, and 8? Loaded P-mags.
    We do not go to the green woods and crystal waters to rough it, we go to smooth it. We get it rough enough at home; in towns and cities; in shops, offices, stores, banks anywhere that we may be placed

Quote Originally Posted by Float Pilot View Post
    I am amazed that this thread has not been moved. It does not belong in the for sale or trade section since it is just gripping.
    It is really NOT a problem..............as no one go there anyway............Hehehehhee

Are people really paying 2k for a stripped AR? I see them priced at that level just unknown if people are buying.