Thread: Outfitted caribou hunt suggestions

Default Outfitted caribou hunt suggestions

A couple of buddies and I are looking to do a DIY caribou hunt this September. We are all from the lower 48 and would prefer to do an outfitted hunt rather than deal with getting all of our gear up there and back. Two of us had a great outfitted moose hunt with Joe Schuster a few years ago and he is a definite possibility for this hunt as well. Hoping that I can get some suggestions for a few other transporters who provide a similar level of service. The quality of the experience (solitude, scenery, fishing etc.) is far more important to us than trophy quality or sheer numbers of animals. Thanks in advance for any help.

Check with website owner Mike Strahan (here) and Larry Bartlet at Pristine Ventures.
    The advantage of using Joe again is that he is flying the country on a regular basis & probably KNOWS where the game is located when its time for you to fly in.

I believe Coyote Air & Arrowhead air both do drop camps.

I got in a couple of large groups of Caribou from them last year & I think the outfitters supplied both camps.

RJ Simington

Stick with Joe.

Nothing like dealing with people you know and that did a good job before.

Much has to do with the unit you are hunting. We only operate out of unit 23 so if you are looking at Happy Valley we are out. If you have worked with another services and had a good experience, why trade?

Walt
    Northwest Alaska Back Country
    Drop Camps and Float hunts
    Kotz
    www.northwestalaska.net

We aren't looking to trade. Right now we may be short a man to fill the 4 spots that are required for Joe's hunt and we just want to explore all of our options in case things don't work out.

If you plan on going out of Happy Valley, the best bet there is Mike McCray... This is the only guy I use there and it is becuz of the reports I have read from members on this forum about the other transporters in Happy Valley... I wont name any names but please do the research so you have a great trip... Good Luck