Thread: Tuesday Night Experiment

Default Tuesday Night Experiment

Went out last night to try something new. A few images of my first attempts.

I forgot to turn my headlamp off here.

There's a fine line between fishing and just standing on the shore like an idiot.

Love the effect. Pretty cool overall.

I get how the circles & spirals are made, and I like how your LED headlight provides the blue contrast. But what causes all the other shooting lights/sparks?

Thanks Jim,

I used 0000 steel wool in a cooking wisp and swung on a handle with downrigger wire. The sparks that come off are long lasting and often are illuminated when they hit the ground, break and bounce. In this picture I started swinging it on a vertical plane while slowly rotating my body 180 degrees. Then I swung it over my head for about 5 seconds until it burned out.

This was a test run and I plan to stage another on where the scenery is more interesting.

It was fun,

Bruce
    There's a fine line between fishing and just standing on the shore like an idiot.

Congrats...that kind of stuff always lights me up! Bad pun, but I could do that....(insert music from Wizard of Oz)....if I only had a brain!...and a note of permission from my mom.