Thread: Custom Boat Canvas

Default Custom Boat Canvas

Would like to hear from folks here on this forum, who they recommend for custom boat canvas and cockpit enclosures and what experiences they have had with these shops. Would prefer to begin with shops in the interior and see how they compare with the shops in Anchorage and Valdez. Thanks, Greg
    "Life is not measured by the number of breaths we take, but by those moments that take our breath away."

Alaska Canvas Works in North Pole does amazing work and beat the price of Custom Canvas in Fairbanks by $800 when I had my top replaced 2 years ago. I think John only works spring and summer through, not to sure about winter work. 490-4700

Thanks Ronster, I will give him a call. I had heard that there was someone in NP that did reputable work reasonably priced. Hoped to hear from others and their experience.
    "Life is not measured by the number of breaths we take, but by those moments that take our breath away."

Default Custom Boat Canvas

Custom canvas is the best for big jobs!!

Fine Line Interiors in Anchorage did a great job on my canvas cockpit enclosure!
    Solid work, reasonable price.

Quote Originally Posted by Ronster View Post
    Alaska Canvas Works in North Pole does amazing work and beat the price of Custom Canvas in Fairbanks by $800 when I had my top replaced 2 years ago. I think John only works spring and summer through, not to sure about winter work. 490-4700
    Alaska Canvas was recommended by a Fairbanks boat shop for some repair work I need done . The repair work was very nicely done and I was pleasantly surprised by the price.

Talk to Willy at Busters in Anchorage. He has done several tops for me- great work! 276-8677

Thanks, folks, for the input. For sure there are some real craftsmen that ply their trade with pride. I have contacted John with Alaska Canvas Works in North Pole and have a May 10th appointment. Since my boat won't get here until the first week of May from Oregon, I will report back to this thread with photo's when the work is done. See ya on the water!